Toyota Dealer March 2022 Major Discounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who's ready for another round!!! Lol

1688162835216.png

I saw this email...debated whether to post it given the backlog we created last year...

I saw this email...debated whether to post it given the backlog we created last year...
If other southern dealers can offer a similar discount, that would help avoid the backlog as many people probably prefer slightly higher prices but much quicker processing/shipping. Do they usually allow in-person pick up for this type of sale?

I spoke with Eric at www.autoparts.toyotaofdecatur.com . Many parts I'll not order, due to shipping damage. Except from this one Dealership, as they do the best job arguably in the world at securely packing.

I waited up to 6 months last sale, for delivery. He said they really weren't prepared for the last sale, but they are this time.

I spoke with Eric at www.autoparts.toyotaofdecatur.com . Many parts I'll not order, due to shipping damage. Except from this one Dealership, as they do the best job arguably in the world at securely packing.

I waited up to 6 months last sale, for delivery. He said they really weren't prepared for the last sale, but they are this time.
Eric took good care of me. He was overwhelmed with comms but I seemed to always get through to him.

Although I received a short block with contamination and no recourse. The plenty of other parts I ordered came well packaged. It only took 8 months iirc for everything.

I wonder why they aren’t matching the ~30% discount like last time.

Eric took good care of me. He was overwhelmed with comms but I seemed to always get through to him.

Although I received a short block with contamination and no recourse. The plenty of other parts I ordered came well packaged. It only took 8 months iirc for everything.

I wonder why they aren’t matching the ~30% discount like last time.
Do tell more! What was contamination and why no recourse?

The sale has already begun at Lexus. 100 Series FDS at approximately $400 for price competitive dealers.
xDytR7V.png

Do tell more! What was contamination and why no recourse?
I whined about it here somewhere. When I received the block, it must’ve been tossed around some because the desiccant packet had been crushed and exploded inside of my block.

That crap went inside every orifice and all over everything. I didn’t go crazy but I did ask to swap this one out and they basically said, “get forked.” I texted Onur and he said some things that made me laugh so hard about even asking about recourse for my block. So I just cleaned it for days and put that bîtch in my 80. She purrs.

I whined about it here somewhere. When I received the block, it must’ve been tossed around some because the desiccant packet had been crushed and exploded inside of my block.

That crap went inside every orifice and all over everything. I didn’t go crazy but I did ask to swap this one out and they basically said, “get forked.” I texted Onur and he said some things that made me laugh so hard about even asking about recourse for my block. So I just cleaned it for days and put that bîtch in my 80. She purrs.
Bummer!

I've another question for you. Was the block made in Japan or USA?
Which would have been stated on the box. Also, the casting and stamp numbers/letters on the block would give clues.

Very cool in and 80, that is some wrenching!

My local dealership allows me to order parts just to look at. Knowing I'll not buy. But not a block. Which I ask to, so I could see where manufactured. Infact I would've had to place a deposit on it, just to order. If I returned, my parts guy would get called on the carpet. They may have not excepted or charged a restock fee. They don't mind the small stuff. But large, heavy and expensive they do!

Last edited:
Bummer!

I've another question for you. Was the block made in Japan or USA?
Which would have been stated on the box. Also, the casting and stamp numbers/letters on the block would give clues.

Very cool in and 80, that is some wrenching!

My local dealership allows me to order parts just to look at. Knowing I'll not buy. But not a block. Which I ask to, so I could see where manufactured. Infact I would have to place a deposit on it just to order. If I returned, my parts guy would get called on the carpet. They may have not excepted or charged a restock fee. They don't mind the small stuff. But large, heavy and expensive they do!
I wasn’t aware of blocks made anywhere else but Japan, but mine was definitely made in Japan. 2017 was the manufactured date iirc. I suppose it sat in the corner somewhere and was forgotten about.

Or Toyota Japan parts loggies schemed and probably had a bet, 10:1 odds that the whiny American would bítch, but not do anything about it. They win either way.

I wasn’t aware of blocks made anywhere else but Japan, but mine was definitely made in Japan. 2017 was the manufactured date iirc. I suppose it sat in the corner somewhere and was forgotten about.

Or Toyota Japan parts loggies schemed and probably had a bet, 10:1 odds that the whiny American would bítch, but not do anything about it. They win either way.
Sorry I'm going to bug you more on this.
If you've no pictures to fall back on. You can get some today, off block cast and stamp numbers. (See links below)

I ask, because I'm considering buying both non VVT and VVT blocks and heads. I only want them, if made Japan.

So I ask:
How do you know it was "was definitely made in Japan" and in or about 2017?
Did you see made in Japan and date on the box, crate or label?
Did casting and stamp numbers indicate a plant or date? (See links below).
Can you please post pictures of labels, casting and stamped number/symbols from block and any on heads?

I don't know this for sure. But I though, only so many short blocks & heads made. Only during years of manufacture the vehicle they were used in, and perhaps 1 more year. I think 4.7L was used, up until about 2008. That once the plants stop producing the vehicle. They stop making parts like engine, cranks, rods, pistons, heads, cams, valves, fenders, trim, seats, wire hardness, etc. Anything that was not outsource, used in another newer vehicle still in production or considered a PM item. That is why so many 80 series parts are NLA (no longer available or out pf production) and more and more 100 series parts NLA. IMHO, also why parts only used in 100 series (not crossed with newer Toyota / Lexus) go up almost monthly in price.

The 4.7L was made both in Japan and USA:
The 100 series, 4runner, GX470 and 1 or 2 other Lexus were made in Japan. The Tundra and Sequoia engine were made in the USA, after IIRC 2002. Information on this was not readily available. The million-mile 2005 Tundra was made in USA. Both are very good engines. But the USA made had a high incidence of loud "Toyota tick." knock. Sometime called rod knock others called piston slap. The USA made 4.7L was breaking rods, more so when TRD intake package added.

Sorry I'm going to bug you more on this.
If you've no pictures to fall back on. You can get some today, off block cast and stamp numbers. (See links below)

I ask, because I'm considering buying both non VVT and VVT blocks and heads. I only want them, if made Japan.

So I ask:
How do you know it was "was definitely made in Japan" and in or about 2017?
Did you see made in Japan and date on the box, crate or label?
Did casting and stamp numbers indicate a plant or date? (See links below).
Can you please post pictures of labels, casting and stamped number/symbols from block and any on heads?

I don't know this for sure. But I though, only so many short blocks & heads made. Only during years of manufacture the vehicle they were used in, and perhaps 1 more year. I think 4.7L was used, up until about 2008. That once the plants stop producing the vehicle. They stop making parts like engine, cranks, rods, pistons, heads, cams, valves, fenders, trim, seats, wire hardness, etc. Anything that was not outsource, used in another newer vehicle still in production or considered a PM item. That is why so many 80 series parts are NLA (no longer available or out pf production) and more and more 100 series parts NLA. IMHO, also why parts only used in 100 series (not crossed with newer Toyota / Lexus) go up almost monthly in price.

The 4.7L was made both in Japan and USA:
The 100 series, 4runner, GX470 and 1 or 2 other Lexus were made in Japan. The Tundra and Sequoia engine were made in the USA, after IIRC 2002. Information on this was not readily available. The million-mile 2005 Tundra was made in USA. Both are very good engines. But the USA made had a high incidence of loud "Toyota tick." knock. Sometime called rod knock others called piston slap. The USA made 4.7L was breaking rods, more so when TRD intake package added.

Hi Paul, I am now doubtful, but I recall reading all the blocks were made in Japan; mine shipped from Japan. Here are the pics:
IMG_8430_Original.jpeg

IMG_8428_Original.jpeg

IMG_8429_Original.jpeg
IMG_8580_Original.jpeg
IMG_8454_Original.jpeg

I scooped this out and did a few lines, turns out it’s just desiccant.
IMG_8455_Original.jpeg

IMG_8584_Original.jpeg

IMG_8582_Original.jpeg

IMG_8583_Original.jpeg

Hi Paul, I am now doubtful, but I recall reading all the blocks were made in Japan; mine shipped from Japan. Here are the pics:
View attachment 3362846
View attachment 3362847
View attachment 3362851View attachment 3362852View attachment 3362855

I scooped this out and did a few lines, turns out it’s just desiccant.
View attachment 3362858
View attachment 3362865
View attachment 3362866
View attachment 3362867
Thank you so much! I though we're speaking about a 2UZ 4.7L (V8) placed in and 80 series. Which I guy here in rising sun club, has done.

I see what you were concerned with. I'd too would have had issue. I'm wonder, if powder specialized without abrasive. Hum!

I do see label of the 1FZ clearly states, Made in Japan. But the 2UZ for sure was made in Japan and USA. The concern is Toyota/Lexus saves on shipping, suppling us with USA made.

Thank you so much! I though we're speaking about a 2UZ 4.7L (V8) placed in and 80 series. Which I guy here in rising sun club, has done.

I see what you were concerned with. I'd too would have had issue. I'm wonder, if powder specialized without abrasive. Hum!

I do see label of the 1FZ clearly states, Made in Japan. But the 2UZ for sure was made in Japan and USA. The concern is Toyota/Lexus saves on shipping, suppling us with USA made.
I should have known, you’re a 100 series guru. I just thought you might be tipping your toe into the 80 game!

I should have known, you’re a 100 series guru. I just thought you might be tipping your toe into the 80 game!
Nope just 100 series up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom