Toyota Crown , anyone have one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Is there crown forum?

Reason I ask, I have some NOS parts that fit the early models and looking to find them a home.

I had a sweet 88 Cressida with leather and all the options, and that was as close to a Crown as most of us will ever get in the U.S.

Man, I would absolutely love to score an older Crown. I loved the Cressida. Inline-6, rear wheel drive, leather and total ride comfort that would make a Cadillac jealous. I can only imagine that the Crown would only be that much better than the Cressida....

Cruisin'Carolina said:
There is such a forum, and it was referenced here about 6 months ago.....

that was a NON US and 80's model.

The ones in question are 69-71 models.

Shane

i hve a crown... put the piston through the block the second week i had it. worst toyota i've ever experienced

rode well when it ran tho

bad_religion_au said:
i hve a crown... put the piston through the block the second week i had it. worst toyota i've ever experienced

rode well when it ran tho

So no WOOD!:eek:

RX3SP= WOOD:D

White Shark said:
I had a sweet 88 Cressida with leather and all the options, and that was as close to a Crown as most of us will ever get in the U.S.

Those cressida's were awesome. My friends mom had an 86 I think they bought new. Man was it fun to drive that car. Of course it should be, it had a supra engine in it. :D I should have bought it when they thought they were don't with it. It was probably my earliest toyota experience.

AATLAS1X said:
So no WOOD!:eek:

RX3SP= WOOD:D

nope no wood for the grandpa mobile... and most rotors give me a splintery one. :grinpimp:

bad_religion_au said:
nope no wood for the grandpa mobile... and most rotors give me a splintery one. :grinpimp:

1987 I was 16 and worked at MAZDA World. They held the speed record for imports back then. My SP ran 13.3's in the 1/4 mile. I will never understand why I am alive to this day. 13's is so fast by todays standards. Funny thing is they would not let me run open header due to noise restrictions:rolleyes: it's a drag race?? Open header it was the loudest thing on the planet, most will never hear anything like it. I had a full bridge port intake that was monsterious. o the memories of getting sideways the entire lenght of the high school.

My dad grounded me after I passed him on the freeway......I was clicking well over 100.........He was the GM for a Mazda store and all the techs loved it when a 16 year old kid came buy and gave them rides

there is an orignal owner of a 68 Crown in town, its a sweet car, he was looking for some parts, glove box door and some other stuff. He really wanted to sell the Crown to me, but man.......what would I do with it?

31595253.jpg

31595257.jpg

They were never a big seller in oz compared to their other models. The suspenion was considered too soft and no one wanted a car that size with an underpowered engine.
A friend had one once and I remember sitting in the back seat on a seat that had hardly any foam in it
This model below sold the best but they stopped selling them eventually.
It wasnt until the Lexus came along that Toyota could hold their head up in the large car market here.
37a.jpg

I Might have a taker for your crown parts. Let me dig up his contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom