Toyota Crossbreeding

"This vehical [sic] is a 2001 Dodge neon that out of necessity was transformed into a 4 wheel drive, half neon half toyota pickup Neyota. In the in December 2003 the motor of the Neon had blown up ... I found a 1991 toyota pickup truck for much much less and with the help of my father we mated the body of the 2001 neon with the drive train and frame of 91 toyota."

Should have just bought the Toyota instead...

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation

GetsUThere said:
"This vehical [sic] is a 2001 Dodge neon that out of necessity was transformed into a 4 wheel drive, half neon half toyota pickup Neyota. In the in December 2003 the motor of the Neon had blown up ... I found a 1991 toyota pickup truck for much much less and with the help of my father we mated the body of the 2001 neon with the drive train and frame of 91 toyota."

Should have just bought the Toyota instead...
so are you selling it? Its kinda neat for the dodge guys, post it on one of their forums.

that's gotta be a lot of work to build.

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation

okay I should have read your post better. you were quoting the ad. The way you chopped it in I thought it was yours. Doh!

brownbear said:
so are you selling it? Its kinda neat for the dodge guys, post it on one of their forums.

that's gotta be a lot of work to build.

Me?! Good grief no! I just posted the auction quote because I thought it was funny that the guy had a dodge less than 5 years old that crapped out so he put the body on a toyota that was almost 15 years old.

Doesn't really make much sense...the guy didn't have $2100 for a new motor but he took a car body and mated it to a Toyota chassis? I would think that it would take a last $2K to do that sort of thing right as far as wiring, adapting steering, body mounts, brakes, etc... Not to mention it's a hell of a lot of work. Besides the fact that if you know your way around cars that well why not just find a wrecked Neon with a good motor?

the neon is a throw away car... the value drops like a rock...it is cheaper to just throw it away after a certain piont...you will never see one of them on the road like you will see a 60 model fj...i have a friend at work who has one he wanted to get some work done to it but the cost of the work was more than the value of the car

Head gaskets go out so fast on these cars that Dodge had to develop a new head gasket to allow the head to float. Yes, I said float. The gasket is a sandwich of two metal plates with a flexible inner surface that allows the head to float, preventing the major failures found in the old, standard style gaskets. They say that the new gaskets seem to work. Scary.

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation

I know this is a few days old. But I had a thought, How many butt splices were used to make this car???
Imagine all the green connectors!

Top Bottom