Toyota BJ40 restoration help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I finally fulfill my dream and I got me 40 series Land Cruiser! See pictures below. I bought it not seeing it myself, it was rather cheap so I didn't think twice. In papers it is 1980 and diesel but I have no idea what engine it is and how much ccm. Can any of you say that based on chassis number? I am planning to do full restoration but I would appreciate if you can help me with vendors that sell parts for this car in Europe, I found some but I am sure you will have some more info. I want to start with entire new suspension, brakes and I want to overhaul axels and transfer case as there is some noise coming out of it. Any help is welcome!

file1-13.jpeg
file2-9.jpeg
file3-6.jpeg
file-24.jpeg

Welcome to the crazy club!
Based on the picture your car was produced in November 1979 (BJ40-901375)

The engine is diesel 3000 cm3
4335E11F-F631-4545-83D1-2B9D18F39EF8.jpeg

Few European spare parts sellers

In order to get more information you need to search in the forum. It’s amazing source of data for your restoration.

Here is a small part about my restoration for example

Welcome to the crazy club!
Based on the picture your car was produced in November 1979 (BJ40-901375)

The engine is diesel 3000 cm3
View attachment 2024097

Few European spare parts sellers

In order to get more information you need to search in the forum. It’s amazing source of data for your restoration.

Here is a small part about my restoration for example
Thanks a lot Andrey, this is plenty of info for me to start with. I might have some questions down the road but will see how it goes.

Hey,

Are you from belgium?
I have a friend in Bree (belgium) who sells everything you need.
Hi,

No, I am from Croatia but I bought this car in Belgium. I can get to Croatia anything from EU so could you share contact with me?

Thanks

Hello all,

I am now at the stage of buying new suspension, wheel and tires. I want OME suspension because I have that one on my Hilux and it served me well but I am not sure which wheels to get. Does anybody here know where to get OME suspension and wheels in Europe for 1979 BJ40?

Thanks in advance

Why not keep the stock split steelies (wheels) ?
I might do that at the end, as mentioned I am new into this and on Instagram I have seen some nice ones with alloy wheels so I wanted some of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom