Toyota Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

J

jmiltier

Does anyone know what the difference is in 79-85 toyota pickup axles and the axles from under my 83 fj60????

Does anyone know what the difference is in 79-85 toyota pickup axles and the axles from under my 83 fj60????

The trucks used an 8" gearset and the Cruisers use a 9.5" gearset. I have heard it said, but I can offer no proof, that the Cruiser front axle shafts, which are interchangeable with the trucks, are hardened to a greater degree. The rear axles have nothing in common as the truck is centered with a pressed on ball bearing and the Cruiser is offset with a clip style retainment system and roller bearings on the outer ends. Both have removeable center sections.

Knuckles, are inteerchangeable, birfs are the same and the long side inner axle is the same.

I have never seen a difference in the heat treating from mini stuff to LC stuff..

total width of a 60 axle is also 1.5" wider i think.

Well im trying to see if i can get the high steer and six shooter knuckles and rebuild kits from trail-gear and also to see if thier drive slug kits are the same also. Would anybody know this?

Well im trying to see if i can get the high steer and six shooter knuckles and rebuild kits from trail-gear and also to see if thier drive slug kits are the same also. Would anybody know this?

Sorry to hear that.

everything from the knuckle out is the same. so yes the 6 shooters will go right on no problem.

what is a "drive slug"?

I would call Marlin Crawlers instead. Don't have to do research..just give them a call.

Trail-Gear Inc > Hubs Sorry drive flange kits. I called marlin crawler and whoever i talked to didn't know what they were talking about either, all i got out of them or the dude i talked to kept saying that he didn't know anything about cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom