Toyota antifreeze (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Going to order some OEM antifreeze for when I do my water pump. I believe these are the part numbers for pre-diluted and straight antifreeze from EB Toyota Parts web site:

00272-SLLC2 -$13.48/gal
00272-1LLAC - $95.06/gal

Why is the non-diluted antifreeze so much more? The pre-diluted says 50/50 mix so I would think the non-diluted would be more like $27/gal. What am I missing here?

Not sure on the reasoning between the price difference. I used the SLLC2. “Super Long Life Coolant” (SLLC). Toyota Claims it’s good for 100k.

Well on Amazon, the 1LLAC is $28.75 which makes sense though the SLLC2 is $25.68. Weird.

That $95.06/gallon is probably a mistake. Buy it someplace else for 1/4 that price. Most other parts places are about $25/gallon.

Going to order some OEM antifreeze for when I do my water pump. I believe these are the part numbers for pre-diluted and straight antifreeze from EB Toyota Parts web site:

00272-SLLC2 -$13.48/gal
00272-1LLAC - $95.06/gal

Why is the non-diluted antifreeze so much more? The pre-diluted says 50/50 mix so I would think the non-diluted would be more like $27/gal. What am I missing here?
The cheaper one is the one you want, Super Long Life (SLLC). The more expensive one is for older Toyota's that had just Long Life (LL). Cost, i this case, is not indicative of the quality. Super Long Life is a very good coolant.

They don't play super nice together also. Not in a way like some Ford and VW coolants straight up have issues with other coolants that Ford and VW make, but I remember long ago in college when I was the master tech at a Toyota, we found that corrosion was a little more noticeable when people mixed the RED and PINK coolants that were just coming out.

Sometimes I feel Toyota doesn't like making things anymore, but the have to for some reason (maybe legal), so they just price them to where people stay away. That said, I have a 1st gen Tacoma that I converted over from long life to super long life (as well as a Ford and VW that I have). Because, it's just awesome coolant that works really well for a really long time.

First exhange on our trucks is at 100,000 miles. Then every 50k over that. Not bad

The one for $95 is a case of 6.

00272-1LLAC-01 will net you a gallon price.

Also, 1LLAC should not be used in a 200 series. You should be using the SLLC2.
Well that would explain it though I don’t see a quantity and the -01 said “unavailable” on the site I was using. Good to know not to use the 1LLAC.

Well that would explain it though I don’t see a quantity and the -01 said “unavailable” on the site I was using. Good to know not to use the 1LLAC.

They say unavailable because coolant is considered a HAZMAT and most Toyota dealerships are not setup to ship HAZMAT to end consumer users.

Red came in all pre-03 Toyotas. After 03, toyotas got the Pink SLLC

Red came in all pre-03 Toyotas. After 03, toyotas got the Pink SLLC

Stated another way, since ALL LC200/LX570 vehicles are after '03, ALL LC200/LX570 vehicles came with and require the pink SLLC.

HTH

So can you put the pink coolant in a pre-2003 vehicle with no issues? I literally just found out my '01 Tacoma's radiator is leaking. I have an extra unopened gallon of Toyota SLLC from when I replaced the radiator on the LC, and now that I will be replacing the radiator on the the Tacoma, can I refill with the SLLC? I'm at 175k on the Taco and the timing belt/water pump/thermostat are all due for preventative maintenance at 180k, so the Pink coolant would only be in there for about 5,000 miles. Granted that may take 2-4 months as its not a daily driver.

So can you put the pink coolant in a pre-2003 vehicle with no issues? I literally just found out my '01 Tacoma's radiator is leaking. I have an extra unopened gallon of Toyota SLLC from when I replaced the radiator on the LC, and now that I will be replacing the radiator on the the Tacoma, can I refill with the SLLC? I'm at 175k on the Taco and the timing belt/water pump/thermostat are all due for preventative maintenance at 180k, so the Pink coolant would only be in there for about 5,000 miles. Granted that may take 2-4 months as its not a daily driver.
The newer coolant is only recommended for aluminum radiators because it doesn't have the corrosion inhibitors. I'm guessing your Taco has an Al radiator?

The newer coolant is only recommended for aluminum radiators because it doesn't have the corrosion inhibitors. I'm guessing your Taco has an Al radiator?

If you are talking about the Core material, then yes the core is made of aluminum, just like the Land Cruiser, and the rest of the radiator is plastic, like the Land Cruiser.

If you are talking about the Core material, then yes the core is made of aluminum, just like the Land Cruiser, and the rest of the radiator is plastic, like the Land Cruiser.
There really isn't anything I can think of that would make Pink unsafe in a car that came with Red that has an Al radiator core.

Appreciate the feedback. After digging into it (google research) and consulting the FSM, it seems that you should be sticking to the same type that came originally. I know, i'm just as shocked...But lots of folks on the internets be switching to the green stuff and have no issues so guess it depends on how anal you want to be about your toys.

Appreciate the feedback. After digging into it (google research) and consulting the FSM, it seems that you should be sticking to the same type that came originally. I know, i'm just as shocked...But lots of folks on the internets be switching to the green stuff and have no issues so guess it depends on how anal you want to be about your toys.
It depends on the type of coolant you were running and what you plan to put into it. Some are compatible, some aren't. Even then, if you can get ALL of the old stuff out, switching shouldn't be a problem, as long as the new stuff is compatible with the materials in the system. Due to the rear heat in our trucks truly flushing it is much more difficult than most vehicles.

I switched my 80 out to green because with such high mileage I felt the likelihood of needing to add some in a small town wasn't low, and wanted to use something I could find at any parts store. My 200 isn't really in the same boat. I'll run distilled water if I have to, knowing that I'd get pink in it as soon as I found some, with how toyota has developed it specifically for their modern engines and it being on the shelf at a dealership in pretty much any medium sized or larger city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom