Builds Toyota '96 HDJ80 - Cummins 6BT conversion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am raising the body 1.5 inches with bushings to be able to close the hood. 🔧
If I were you, I would somehow move the Radiator forward 🧐 moving the engine again is a heck of a work to do again.
I measured today and would only be able to move engine 1” back so that’s not worth it.
Have you beaten the trans tunnel with a hammer yet? I have a 1” body lift but denting the passenger footwell in helps get to the bell housing bolts out at least with mine.
Also are you above the steering brace or did you cut t?

I measured today and would only be able to move engine 1” back so that’s not worth it.
Have you beaten the trans tunnel with a hammer yet? I have a 1” body lift but denting the passenger footwell in helps get to the bell housing bolts out at least with mine.

I cutted the side passenger footwell :cautious:
I removed the brace and reinforced it... I don't know if I explain myself :wtf: I'll post some pics aboutit later.

The word you are looking for is "massage", I also had to "massage" the trans tunnel with a 5lb hammer when going from the A440 to the NV4500, no body lift.

The word you are looking for is "massage", I also had to "massage" the trans tunnel with a 5lb hammer when going from the A440 to the NV4500, no body lift.
It dents like butter. I was surprised it was that easy. I had to go inside to make sure I didn't put too big of dent but you can't even see it with carpet.

Here is it guys:

Ugly? Yes, fixable yes.

Update:

Dropped the intercooler in:

Accelerator cable ready:

Modified the water inlet of the engine to match the diameter of the Radiator pipe:

Car should be ready tomorrow, there will be details to make on the electric side like EGT temp gauge, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, etc.... But I will deal with that next Sunday.

Update:

Dropped the intercooler in:

View attachment 2015193

Accelerator cable ready:

View attachment 2015195

Modified the water inlet of the engine to match the diameter of the Radiator pipe:

View attachment 2015196

Car should be ready tomorrow, there will be details to make on the electric side like EGT temp gauge, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, etc.... But I will deal with that next Sunday.
Your factory oil pressure sensor should thread into the top of the oil filter housing. The Dodge factory Cummins location is on the left side of block. Industrial engines had a plug in that location. Originally I had the factory Dodge sensor in there as a plug and it cracked and started spewing oil out. It's a known issue with that sensor in that location.

If you don't mind me posting pictures of my junk in your thread, I did something similar, or with an intercooler that is very similarily sized, alternative to running fittings, I cut some aluminum and had a fella tig it together for the top mount:

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

If you don't mind me posting pictures of my junk in your thread, I did something similar, or with an intercooler that is very similarily sized, alternative to running fittings, I cut some aluminum and had a fella tig it together for the top mount:

What a great idea, I though of that... I believe my piping is doing a lot of turns going here and there and this might be bad for the air flow. I might modify mine as well later.
Can I take a look of your hood scoop?
I was checking to get one online and found this one:

BONNET SCOOP FITTED TO TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 80 SERIES 4X4 FOUR WHEEL DRIVE | eBay

Shipping might be a pain on the a$$ from Australia all over to Costa Rica.
Did you make yours? Fiberglass?

Its alive! The fans fit perfectly with very small cleareance, however the SPAL fans should work and fit better.

Sorry for the short video.
We found an oil leak between the Vacuum Pump and the Steering pump:

:cry:
I need to remove the steering pump to verify what happened to it.

Apparently it is an easy fix for the vacuum pump oil leak, just couple of O-rings and an oil seal.
Things to finish so far:

1- Connect the Alternator to the Battery.
2- Adapt the custom air filter to the Turbo.
3- Connect the Radiator Fans.
4- Weld the Exhaust pipe to the turbo.
5- Wash it :lol:

We are extremely close to start rolling on the streets. :steer:

The Cummins rebuild kit is pretty cheap for the vacuum pump. Although I don’t know how much it is in CR.

The Cummins rebuild kit is pretty cheap for the vacuum pump. Although I don’t know how much it is in CR.

Around $24.95 the kit + $13.58 shipping to my house.

Can I take a look of your hood scoop?

Pics of it on page 3 in the thread above, subaru STI scoop. you can see the cutout and clearance in the pics there.

Hey guys, the car is running like a champ.

Dont mind about the disability spot, that is my "assigned" spot for work.

I will post a video and some pics about the final project as soon as I finish with the gauges and hood scoop :facepalm:

Nice! Seemed like a quick swap compared to most others.

Hey guys, so I have been absent for a while... I have heavily modded the car after it got out to the Streets with the 6BT. These are some of the mods I have added to it:
*37 inch MT tyres.
*Removed the front bumper.
*Removed the mud flaps.
*12K LBS winch.
*1 inch rubber spacers on coils.
*2 inch wheel spacers.
*15 inch wheels.
*2 SPAL radiator fans.

67776655_10221246728624713_109507389576708096_o.jpg

I have the car on my garage right now and I am fixing/adding the following:

*60lbs+ valve springs.
*4K RPM springs.
*Replacing Synchros for the transmission.
*Fixing my Steering Knuckles oil leak from the diff.

I will do a video of the car for you guys to take a look of it plus a drive test as well. Car is awesome. The only thing I do not like anymore is having my exhaust facing a side of the car, I will send it all the way to the back eventually.

Hey guys, so I have been absent for a while... I have heavily modded the car after it got out to the Streets with the 6BT. These are some of the mods I have added to it:
*37 inch MT tyres.
*Removed the front bumper.
*Removed the mud flaps.
*12K LBS winch.
*1 inch rubber spacers on coils.
*2 inch wheel spacers.
*15 inch wheels.
*2 SPAL radiator fans.

67776655_10221246728624713_109507389576708096_o.jpg

I have the car on my garage right now and I am fixing/adding the following:

*60lbs+ valve springs.
*4K RPM springs.
*Replacing Synchros for the transmission.
*Fixing my Steering Knuckles oil leak from the diff.

I will do a video of the car for you guys to take a look of it plus a drive test as well. Car is awesome. The only thing I do not like anymore is having my exhaust facing a side of the car, I will send it all the way to the back eventually.
Did one Spal fan not cut it or did you have two to start with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom