SOLD toyota '84 transfer case with AA 4:1 gear set and AA adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
This is a really nice transfer case I've just taken off my 40 because I'm going to dana 60 with driver drop and an Atlas. This has seen less than 1,000 miles since we had the Advanced Adapters 4:1 gear set put in. It's super clean, all the gears and bears look brand new. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to upgrade. I also have AA adapter if you need that.

toy transfer case for sale.jpg

I know I'm supposed to post a price, but I have no idea what this is worth. I looked for other cases for sale, but could not find any. So, I'll take the beating and we'll figure a price out.

Okay, the gears upgrade from AA is $1,000.
Yes, it's coming to you as it in a tub - you don't want me putting it together.
I'm checking the actual date code per @Living in the Past and will update that here.
So, Let's say $800 for now, buyer pays shipping if it has to ship (which is going to be a lot).

Last edited:
What gears are In it ? I’m interested. The over drive with 3:1 or under drive with 3:1, I wasn’t aware they made a 4:1

This is the Advanced Adapters 4.0:1 gear set

The way this is in pieces, I'm assuming it's a 60 series case?

What year? Or more soecifically what bearing size; since that seems to be what determines the T-Case's durability.

And then, what is the adapter? From what transmission to (again, I'm assuming) 60 series split case?

All of this is what's going to determine if someone can use this.

The way this is in pieces, I'm assuming it's a 60 series case?

What year? Or more soecifically what bearing size; since that seems to be what determines the T-Case's durability.

And then, what is the adapter? From what transmission to (again, I'm assuming) 60 series split case?

All of this is what's going to determine if someone can use this.

8/80 the 40 series switched to the split transfer case. This is the same transfer case used in the 60 series. Have a number of split transfer cases. They all came with transmissions from 40 series. The FJ45 and HJ47 are the only split transfer case that still had the hand brake on the back.

After 10/82 would have the fifth gear oiler needed for the H55F five speed. 84 still had the 34MM idler shaft. 8/84 the flange pattern for driveshafts changed. Those would be easy to change. This will bolt to H41/H42 made 8/80+ and H55F 10/82+. Those have a nineteen spline output shaft. Plus what ever transmission the AA adapter is made for.

An '84 transfer case. Adapter was to a 40l60. It's a two piece adapter. Not sure on bearing size.

@Living in the Past - thanks for the great info.

An '84 transfer case. Adapter was to a 40l60. It's a two piece adapter. Not sure on bearing size.

@Living in the Past - thanks for the great info.

To verify the case there is a date code on the back close to the PTO cover. If not there on top above the transmission output shaft.

Looking at your picture I do not see the fifth gear oiler. No big deal if using the AA adapter or a four speed. Does it have the switch for the 4WD light on the dash. The switch is located by the shaft that switches between 2WD and 4WD. Think if you date it you will find it is dated prior 10/82.

Okay, will do. It's was last in an fj60, the fj60 it came out of has been gone a while.

Appears to be sold, let you know Tuesday.

Put me in line too as well, for ether the adapter, T-case and gears or both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom