Toyota 5l turbo rear main leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.
Im new and this is my first post. Hopefully Im doing it right. Anyway I put a 5l in my hilux running a ct12b tubo, mech ip with compensator,3" exhaust from dump. Since Ive been running motor ive replaced the rear main seal twice and it still leaks after driving 2weeks. Boost is running 12psi, have pre turb EGT and oil pressure gauge. Im guessing there is to much pressure in the block and spits out the seal. Upon start up oil gauge reads 60psi then drops to 20psi when warm both @ idle. Doesnt get hot but the heater doesnt blow to hot either (just warm)... all pipes are fitted correctly running water and oil to turb. Has anyone had problems with rear main seal leaking in a plus t?

are you running the stock pcv system, catch can or just venting to atmosphere? could be too much pressure in the crank case causing the leak but I would also expect to see other leaks developing as well since the seal holds out for a few weeks. I don't know with that engine but do you have a rear main seal retainer? those are sealed with fipg and can leak as well, personally I always replace them whe doing a rear main seal. except for that one time for who knows what reason and the truck came back a few month later and I had to do the seal and plate over again :bang: :bang: :bang:

you may also get more help in the diesel section as tacos in the us are gas only

It may not be too much crankcase pressure. It's possible that the surface the seal is riding on is scored, which is ruining the seal. Did you take a look at the seal surface? Any signs of damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom