toyota 2nd gen frnt diff. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey im new to this forum... i have a question about a 1994 toyota 4runner. i recently replaced my front pinion seal. then i replaced the passenger side half shaft. about a week later the passenger front diif seal started leaking. So i have the diff all torn down and can not find anything wrong except the seal is leaking. before i took it apart it had a small bit of play in that axle. im not sure why but i cant find anything wrong with the bearings or race. So im wondering if the seal was bad from the get go or if there is something else i need to do ??? Thanks

I have inspected both shaft and there is a little discoloring but no pits or grooves that i can physically see. i did buff it up with some emery cloth just to be safe.

I don't know how expensive or hard to get the seals are. But if its easy/cheap,I'd replace the seal and see if it starts to leak again.
If it was just a bad seal or the seal got damaged during install, it shouldn't happen twice in a row. If it still leaks then I'd look deeper.
Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom