SOLD Toyota 20-Year Anniversary Book Published in 1958 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmamj

SILVER Star
Threads
You may recall this was offered a while ago:

Offering a different one now. It was also published in 1958 and the content is the same as the one above, but the chapters regarding the construction of facilities (pages 605 - 863) were not published yet, so this book ends at page 604. This one actually has a dust jacket (albeit a tattered one) and the first did not.

The book gives more than just a glimpse into the company's first two decades of operation from 1937-1957. It offers extensive and great detail about Toyota's beginnings, how the company traversed WWII, the company's culture and people, Toyota vehicles (of course), and far, far more. It is written in Japanese from the very personal viewpoint of Toyota's Managing Director at the time.

All pages are present and there are no rips, tears, creases, or scribbles. If you collect Toyota, have a good Japanese translator app or can read Japanese, and want to gain intimate knowledge of early Toyota, I highly suggest it. $175, or would trade for early tools or other Toyota memorabilia.

20 year history book.jpeg
20 year history bookii.jpeg
20 year history bookiii.jpeg
20 year history bookvi.jpeg
Book page 2.jpg
Book pic.jpg

You may recall this was offered a while ago:

Offering a different one now. It was also published in 1958 and the content is the same as the one above, but the chapters regarding the construction of facilities (pages 605 - 863) were not published yet, so this book ends at page 604. This one actually has a dust jacket (albeit a tattered one) and the first did not.

The book gives more than just a glimpse into the company's first two decades of operation from 1937-1957. It offers extensive and great detail about Toyota's beginnings, how the company traversed WWII, the company's culture and people, Toyota vehicles (of course), and far, far more. It is written in Japanese from the very personal viewpoint of Toyota's Managing Director at the time.

All pages are present and there are no rips, tears, creases, or scribbles. If you collect Toyota, have a good Japanese translator app or can read Japanese, and want to gain intimate knowledge of early Toyota, I highly suggest it. $175, or would trade for early tools or other Toyota memorabilia.

View attachment 3060637View attachment 3060638View attachment 3060639View attachment 3060640View attachment 3060641View attachment 3060642

me want's this badly Dmaji :cool:

Please reply back to me using a Previous PM ONLY , thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because , more then anything in life ..........:popcorn:

Last edited:

From translating this page I just learned that the first generation of Land Cruiser also existed with F engine in this firefighter FJJ declination.
I think the common knowledge I always saw about this was that the F engine replaced the B engine somewhere in the middle of the production of the 20 series.
Very very cool !

Now I'm closing this page before to fall in the temptation and to spend again my money on old Toyota books 😅 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom