Toyo's Rubbing after rotation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been driving with Toyo AT 3s for the past 6k miles (LT 285 65 18) and experienced zero rub. I just had them rotated for the first time and as soon as I pulled into my driveway and did my normal 2-point turn while reversing into the garage, sure enough the front tire rubbed on the small square looking front air dam? Tires have same pressure (42lbs) as before? Seems strange that a rotation would result in rubbing that wasn't there before. Any thoughts?

I've been driving with Toyo AT 3s for the past 6k miles (LT 285 65 18) and experienced zero rub. I just had them rotated for the first time and as soon as I pulled into my driveway and did my normal 2-point turn while reversing into the garage, sure enough the front tire rubbed on the small square looking front air dam? Tires have same pressure (42lbs) as before? Seems strange that a rotation would result in rubbing that wasn't there before. Any thoughts?
That does seem odd. Vehicle drives same as before? No pulls any direction or under braking?

I’d check the diameter of each tire and see whether there is a noticeable difference. It is possible you were just barely missing rubbing before and the rotation of a tire that is slightly larger is enough to rub.

This is a long shot, but what the heck. Check the lug nuts. I see you are in CT. If your LC has gone through a winter it will have corrosion on the mating surface between the wheel and hub (Assuming no prevent treatment). If it’s bad enough, it can be hard to both remove a wheel and to get it fully seated when installed.

I just had the same tire in that size put on my 2009 LC a couple of weeks ago, and I have lots of rubbing with even moderate turns in reverse (both directions). Planning to switch to 275/65/18 instead. OME 2702/2722 lift.

Update: I got under the front end and found that the driver side front air dam (where the rubbing was occurring) was out of place. I was able to snap it back where it belonged and gained about an inch of clearance. I had my oil changed at the same time as the tire rotation so my indy mechanic must not have aligned that piece properly. Anyway, all back to normal and no rubbing anymore. Surprised that others have rubbing issues with this tire size.....you might want to confirm that everything is properly bolted together and in place with the front air dam assembly. Reminder, this is a 2020 Heritage with stock suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom