Toyo M/T in 255/85R16 ! ! ! (1 Viewer)

In case anybody who cares missed it, Toyo is now making their Open Country M/T in 255/85R16 for those of us who like tall skinnies. There's a GREAT thread over at expeditionportal.com posted by "Redline". Not sure if it's kosher to post a link here, but it's easy enough to find if you're interested.

Les Schwab apparently has them in stock, but I haven't been able to locate them in Texas... The dealers I've called say their suppliers have a part number but no availability date.

Too bad they're gonna cost $250+ each, mounted and balanced. :bang:

In case anybody who cares missed it, Toyo is now making their Open Country M/T in 255/85R16 for those of us who like tall skinnies. There's a GREAT thread over at expeditionportal.com posted by "Redline". Not sure if it's kosher to post a link here, but it's easy enough to find if you're interested.

Les Schwab apparently has them in stock, but I haven't been able to locate them in Texas... The dealers I've called say their suppliers have a part number but no availability date.

Too bad they're gonna cost $250+ each, mounted and balanced. :bang:

I don't like skinny offroad tires but that's personal preference.
It's too bad they are so expensive!
my 315/75 16 Toyo MT's cost $206 ea!

I don't like skinny offroad tires but that's personal preference.
It's too bad they are so expensive!
my 315/75 16 Toyo MT's cost $206 ea!

Yeah, with me personally my use is more "expedition" type driving as opposed to true "offroad" driving. I can see where wider tires would probably be better for rock crawling or really rough trails though.

I was all primed to buy a set of Toyo M-55's and then I saw this. The M-55 would probably be better for my use, but this M/T in the 255/85 size is hard to pass up.

well I know this has been debated but I think wider is better, even for exped driving. aired down, you have more cushion and a wider contact patch.

I know in S. America for example, they need to use pizzacutter tires to follow the deep ruts left by narrow farm vehicles but I think wider is better if you don't need to worry about that. jmo! i know, it's all debated and people have their preferences.

boy, tire prices... i'm glad I didn't wait to get new tires! I'm good for a while... whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom