Towing with rear bumpers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

True but you can search individual forums... Like only the 100 forums, takes forever to try and find the thread you are looking for

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I see. That really makes it difficult. I just updated my app review in the help forum. /hijack:cheers:

There is nothing to see here. Brock is nothing but a big fat curly headed f***.

You guys are cracking me up. Back to the OP - I've done a lot of towing with Suburbans and had one long trip towing a large sailboat with a Cummins Dodge Dually. Maybe my expectations were low, but I'm very happy with how my 100 w tow package tows my 17' boat. I just bolted on new Bilstein HDs yesterday, so I should be even happier.

I'm glad I didn't spend two nights with you and Brock :flipoff2:

That was one of the best nights ive had camping. Can't wait to do it again

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Towing not an issue for the Slee

I fascinated with the posts on towing with OEM vs aftermarket such as Slee. I tow really heavy s#@t with my Slee rear bumper. Take one look at the setup and you will see that the Slee is far superior to OEM tow hitches. First, it is made of equally strong materials. Added to that, it is connected to the vehicle at more connection points than OEM.

I wish the small custom makers could afford the certification and make a certified product and sell it at a reasonable price. Many of these guys could easily certify in strength, if it werent for the cost.

Just compare the custom vs the OEM and Im sure you will agree; custom exceeds OEM every time.

:beer:

^ I agree RayW! Where is your avatar pic from? GWNF? Crabtree? Crozet? Good to see another VA member on the 100 forum.

I wasn't worried about how well the bumper was mounted to the frame but I am more concerned with how good the welds would hold under a lot of tongue weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom