Towing with rear bumpers

TheFuzz

Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake
With the exception of (once again) ARB, most smaller manufacturer's bumpers (slee, BIOR, etc) aren't tested or rated for towing, because the added cost of the certification would force the smaller guys to raise the price of the final product exponentially.

That being said, look at your factory tow package (if you have one). I think it's safe to assume that an aftermarket bumper is just as strong, if not stronger...but the little shops will never tell you that for fear of liability. IIRC there are several people on here who have towed larger things without issue.

Search "towing", changing to thread title, and select 100 series section. Three pages worth of info, both for factory and aftermarket bumpers.

Desert Yeti

Supporting Vendor
Website
www.carapacecampers.com
Here is us on Friday on our way to the lake

BIO rear 100 bumper and a 4500lb 21' boat :)
photo.jpg

Trunk Monkey said:
Search "towing", changing to thread title, and select 100 series section. Three pages worth of info, both for factory and aftermarket bumpers.

I think you're just going to have to deal with this as use of the mobile app increases, or until search works on it...
:meh:

Website
www.lubedealer.com
Same as front sensors for air bag....other than ARB not officially certified but if you compare OEM tow setup and aftermarket bumpers there are no worries with the more popular names around.

Once again if you are worried...then get the ARB to give yourself peace of mind.

I towed 24' boat behind my FJC and pulled a 15' trailer loaded with green logs and dual axle no issues either.

I dont think that rod holder is Offroad Certified to ensure it does not become a projectile or break under extremely rough driving conditions you installed! ;)

Same as front sensors for air bag....other than ARB not officially certified but if you compare OEM tow setup and aftermarket bumpers there are no worries with the more popular names around.

Once again if you are worried...then get the ARB to give yourself peace of mind.

I towed 24' boat behind my FJC and pulled a 15' trailer loaded with green logs and dual axle no issues either.

I dont think that rod holder is Offroad Certified to ensure it does not become a projectile or break under extremely rough driving conditions you installed! ;)

Your wife isn't certified for large rear ended impacts so that must be why she married you.

Brock drive to Savannah highway and show him what's up, I'll be sitting at a booth eating a sandwich and drinking a sweet tea.

On a technical note I believe tongue weight would be the only number affected based on the type of brackets used to connect to the frame

Last edited:
jonharis said:
Search works. Both android and iPhone have been confirmed since June 1.

True but you can't search individual forums... Like only in the 100 forums, takes forever to try and find the thread you are looking for

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom