Towing harness connector pin-out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I bought my 2006 LX470 the last part of the wiring ( the trailer plug and the wire to the chassis harness was missing. I have an open wiring connector where it attached. The dealer says all '06 models were wired at the factory and he could only sell me an entire harness. I just need the connector and/or the pinout for my open connector so I can make something myself. I do not want to have to cut into the existing wiring if I can avoid it. Can someone point me to a vendor for toyota connectors or provide the pin-out info for this ?
IMG_6953.jpg

If that’s the plug I think it is, it won’t help you setup wiring for a trailer.

I'll advise based on experience.

That connector looks to have limited life left. You can see corrosion at the base of one of the pins. If that is the correct connector, your best bet is to cut off that connector and identify each wire with a multimeter, then solder/sleeve to the wires of the receptacle you plan to use.

It is very frustrating to do everything with OEM connectors that have corrosion, and the chase down intermittent functionality that has a root cause due to the OEM connector.

If that’s the plug I think it is, it won’t help you setup wiring for a trailer.
It is not for the tow wiring? Do you know what this connector is for?

Here’s the pinout for ‘03, probably the same.

61189946-15F6-4714-AA9B-ED2BE671D488.jpeg
8543918C-2CAB-466A-BEB9-F7FBAA90581B.jpeg

Found some pics of notes when i was wiring mine…

the thicker gauge white wire in the middle of it all, is the main Ground (-).

TL - parking lights. - green
BR - brakes. - blue
(+) - Positive power - black
Rev - reverse. - yellow
R - Right turn. -brown
L - Left turn. - red

1DFF4748-95CE-42CF-9CD2-10E4D98C9ACE.jpeg

5BEEC85D-5641-4C88-A19E-ECABEDCFD88A.jpeg

441FB299-0A3C-4D36-BC83-71CA445A0DEF.jpeg

082BB180-2AC2-43ED-AD8F-EC83F444BB5A.jpeg

9368AD7E-FB0E-426A-80D6-DAA8A0A35EEF.jpeg

Last edited:
When I bought my 2006 LX470 the last part of the wiring ( the trailer plug and the wire to the chassis harness was missing. I have an open wiring connector where it attached. The dealer says all '06 models were wired at the factory and he could only sell me an entire harness. I just need the connector and/or the pinout for my open connector so I can make something myself. I do not want to have to cut into the existing wiring if I can avoid it. Can someone point me to a vendor for toyota connectors or provide the pin-out info for this ?View attachment 2751878

that looks like connector that came in our Rx350. I can’t confirm it’s the same fit or connector but someone may have wired in something similar (w no power brakes).

I think you can get the standalone connector for $15.00, may be worth a shot if power brakes are not a necessity for your towing.

90980 10895 is the right female housing # the big terminals are 82998-12480, the smaller terminals are 82998-12440. those are the repair wire toyota OEM part numbers. They are common enough that ebay has them.

wait a second. dude. search
lol, look how much prices have gone up.

1628418377386.png

that looks like connector that came in our Rx350. I can’t confirm it’s the same fit or connector but someone may have wired in something similar (w no power brakes).

I think you can get the standalone connector for $15.00, may be worth a shot if power brakes are not a necessity for your towing.
While i would prefer to have the braking wired I probably won't need it. I do not tow anything that big/heavy with the LX. I have an F350 and 550 at work for that. Trailer Jacks list an LX470 option that says it's plug and play by I am skeptical the connectors will mate. I'll check with them tomorrow.

Found some pics of notes when i was wiring mine…

the thicker gauge white wire in the middle of it all, is the main Ground (-).

TL - parking lights. - green
BR - brakes. - blue
(+) - Positive power - black
Rev - reverse. - yellow
R - Right turn. -brown
L - Left turn. - red

View attachment 2752320

View attachment 2752321
This is fantastic....Unfortunately for any of us now, the female connector 90980-10895 is NLA at any of the parts sources I have checked online. OF course, all the other parts are still available. Grrrr Does anyone know a source for one of these used? There are a couple of supposed "plug and play" options with 4-way connectors from 3rd parties that may work. I'm going to call about these but will likely have to buy one to check fit and return if it doesn't.

Thanks so much for posting this. Exactly what I was looking for . It really pisses me off that my local dealer can't or won't access this when I ask for this exact part!
Most Dealer parts depts are generally useless for this kind of stuff…and lazy. Best to just do it yourself and then shop around for best prices on stuff. Partsouq has great diagrams.

Just FYI, my connector was tucked under the driver's side. It was also equipped with factory tow hitch (thru bumper).
It sounds like the trucks w/o factory hitch have this harness under the passenger side... (above muffler?)

It sounds like the trucks w/o factory hitch have this harness under the passenger side...
That was my experience on my '99 without a factory hitch. It was right above the resonator.

Just FYI, my connector was tucked under the driver's side. It was also equipped with factory tow hitch (thru bumper).
It sounds like the trucks w/o factory hitch have this harness under the passenger side... (above muffler?)
My 01 that came with the factory tow hitch has the OEM plug above the rear most muffler/silencer for the 4 pin style. I think they switched it to the drivers side when they started going to OEM 7 pin.

My 01 that came with the factory tow hitch has the OEM plug above the rear most muffler/silencer for the 4 pin style. I think they switched it to the drivers side when they started going to OEM 7 pin.
That may be the factor... my '04 came with 7pin.

Good to know~

This is fantastic....Unfortunately for any of us now, the female connector 90980-10895 is NLA at any of the parts sources I have checked online. OF course, all the other parts are still available. Grrrr Does anyone know a source for one of these used? There are a couple of supposed "plug and play" options with 4-way connectors from 3rd parties that may work. I'm going to call about these but will likely have to buy one to check fit and return if it doesn't.
Which third parties? Please include links for those of us who now have to attempt to source or build a replacement. A year later I’m having no better luck tracking down 90980-10895 female connector so that I can build my own. Running out of ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom