Towing bass boat with 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blue Phoenix, the Tundra option is the last one I'd pick. My bad experience with the LX570 hasn't soured my opinion of them to the point I wouldn't buy another one. Most 200 series are at the top of my budget but a nice 100 series isn't too far behind around here. I'm not in a huge rush but hoping the right one will show up soon.

A newer Tundra is hands down going to tow better than a 100. The 200s are great for towing but if it's a tow pig I'd go Tundra every time.

I like towing my boat with my 100, but I'm only going shirt distances at no more than 60. A newer Tundra would run all day at 75 with no complaints.

I'm super impressed that your temps stayed in the 190s for the test. I suppose ambient temp being very low helped, but I would have expected to kiss 200 in mine doing the same thing.
I have installed a brand new shroud, rad, fan, and clutch when I installed the SC. I also put some Water Wetter in. I've towed a bit in the heat of summer but usually don't see more than 205 at the absolute highest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom