Towable (trailer friendly) trail cover / cab cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some searches and seems all the threads are old except one where the seller disappeared with a bunch of folks' money.

Anybody making a towable cab cover these days? Eshan?

Thnaks,

:beer: Ramon

No leads at all?

:beer: R

I think SOR has them as well as Man A Fre but Why do you want one?

Are you going to put it over the cab for storage?

Putting one on during "Transport" mode rubs the paint off.

I want to have dry seats when I get there :)

Plus, when a thunderstorm pops up, I'd like to have a quick solution to wait one out without my Cruiser getting rained in time and time again.

I checked SOR and ManAFre and found nada, but thanks for the suggestions.

:beer: R

ocdbeetle here is your only hope at this time. He makes custom bikini and soft tops. I told him I would buy a trail cover yesterday if he would produce one. Send him a PM, if he has enough interest he just may do it. Look in the Vendors Market section for his threads to see the level of quality he puts into what he makes. If he makes it I don't think you will be unhappy.

I did some searches and seems all the threads are old except one where the seller disappeared with a bunch of folks' money.

Anybody making a towable cab cover these days? Eshan?

Thnaks,

:beer: Ramon
Hello there
Been away for some time and could not check the forums.. Yes we do make these and can make ones which cover the doors. If there is sufficient interest still here (at least 10 such tops), I can send them in to SouthBoston in the next shipment.
Ehsan

I'd be in for one of those covers.

A company was selling them on Ebay a month or so back. I recall seeing a thread here on MUD about them, but didn't save the link. Here are the pictures I saved from the Ebay ad. I believe they wanted $180 or so for it....
IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg

I'm interested as well...setup would be just like the OP's...metal tech family cage.

If you can sew, you can buy 3 layer Gore Tex and seam tape from Rose City Textiles. I made some sweet front and rear seat covers for our FJ, so now when I drive to work with the soft top, I can just pull out the seat covers, and if it rains at lunch, my seats will be dry on the way home.

You'll need an iron for the seam tape and I used a bungie cord and cord lock for the bottoms. Each cover rolls up and fits in my Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers, when I'm not using them.... of course the truck isn't done yet, so I'm not using them, lol

I suppose I could do an entire top cover like that, but if your seats are all your worried about it might be a cheaper way to go

Hey Ramon, I know I'm three years late, but we have a top like this we're making up! Did you find a viable solution, or are you still getting hit in those spurt NC thunderstorms? :) (This is Jason Traylor's wife)

That is not an eBay add.. This top was made using the bronco top pattern and was going to be made by a friend of mine. However sadly he passed away a few years ago. I lost steam with the project after that. I sold the one and only prototype we made. The one in the pic. I have a bronco type top.. Love it. No one can make one for a price people are willing to pay.. Trust me people have tried

Last edited:
not a lot of sewing going on or skill involved in making the top but with materials alone I see almost $200.

6-9 yards of high quality materials
edging
buckles/straps
thread

Hey Ramon, I know I'm three years late, but we have a top like this we're making up! Did you find a viable solution, or are you still getting hit in those spurt NC thunderstorms? :) (This is Jason Traylor's wife)

Did you read the title

I didn't think yours was towable or hold up to speeds of 65-80 mph.

I think you'd have a lot of buyers. If nothing I might go to local apholstry shop and have them make a run of 10-20. Should sell like hot cakes

I think you'd have a lot of buyers. If nothing I might go to local apholstry shop and have them make a run of 10-20. Should sell like hot cakes

again this has been tried... no one can make one for under $200 so then to make anything you would have to charge more than anyone would pay for them.

if you dont believe me you should try it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom