Tow rig and trailer drop-off in Durango? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

Some friends and I are heading to Utah in May and will be driving up from Dallas in a 1-ton Dodge and a gooseneck trailer with two FJ40s on it. We would like to leave the tow rig and trailer in Durango and road trip the 40s to Utah from there.

Is there a safe place in town where we could leave the truck and trailer from Sunday to Friday? Will gladly buy you beer if you have a spot.

Thanks!

I don't know of any place where it would be 100% "officially ok" but I've seen RVs and other vehicles in the Wal-Mart parking lot for several days on end. It's a huge parking lot and there's generally lots of traffic, so I wouldn't be concerned with theft unless you're leaving electronics or bags of cash in plain view. Hopefully one of the other local guys will have an idea of somewhere where you can park with official permission. Worst case scenario, you might contact one of the local storage lots and see if they would rent you space for a week.

I don't know of any place where it would be 100% "officially ok" but I've seen RVs and other vehicles in the Wal-Mart parking lot for several days on end. It's a huge parking lot and there's generally lots of traffic, so I wouldn't be concerned with theft unless you're leaving electronics or bags of cash in plain view. Hopefully one of the other local guys will have an idea of somewhere where you can park with official permission. Worst case scenario, you might contact one of the local storage lots and see if they would rent you space for a week.
Great idea. Thanks!

I live & work at Purgatory Resort, 25 miles north of Durango. We have a large parking lot immediately adjacent to my house. It would be "100% Officially OK" and I would be walking my dogs by the rig twice a day and could check on it for you.

I live & work at Purgatory Resort, 25 miles north of Durango. We have a large parking lot immediately adjacent to my house. It would be "100% Officially OK" and I would be walking my dogs by the rig twice a day and could check on it for you.
This would be absolutely perfect. Let's plan on it and I'll touch base in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom