Tow Points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

200 red powder coat are available now.

200 Series Front Tow Mounts

J

IMG_20170421_113112802.jpg
IMG_20170412_131138070_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170412_131222371_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170412_131150126.jpg
IMG_20170412_131156993.jpg

Thanks again Jason for the quick shipping on these. They look awesome, and are definitely stout. Anyone contemplating these, look no further. They are worth the money and Jason once again has outdone himself. Jason please ping me once the hardware is available as I am chomping at the bit to put these on :)

Anyone have good pics of how the 100 series units look with the stock front bumper?

Anyone have good pics of how the 100 series units look with the stock front bumper?

These are awesome. Eventually I'll have an aftermarket bumper. If I need to use these with the stock bumper, it will expedite the process because I'm pretty sure it will rip it clean off. Front angle shows recovery point versus stock hold down hook.
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1427.JPG
View of tow point from front
IMG_1428.JPG

Same view with stock tow hook

Thanks man, that's exactly the view I needed to see.

What's up with the bungee cord?

Ha - oddly asked that same question when I noticed it in the photo, too - I don't use 'em so not sure when or how it ended up there. Maybe flung up from the road? For sale cheap - one bungee chord.

Ha - oddly asked that same question when I noticed it in the photo, too - I don't use 'em so not sure when or how it ended up there. Maybe flung up from the road? For sale cheap - one bungee chord.

That's funny! Years ago I had part of a fishing rod stuck in one of my rear leaf springs... Had to have picked it up going going down a lake access road. I clipped all the eyes off the rod and threw them in my tackle box.

J

lol...

I thought it was a remnant of a brake job or sumpn, :)

Onto a tech ?

Do you reuse the stock mounting bolts or are they to short?

lol...

I thought it was a remnant of a brake job or sumpn, :)

Onto a tech ?

Do you reuse the stock mounting bolts or are they to short?

I recommend a 40mm or longer bolt for my mounts. Check you OE bolts for corrosion... If they look bad... replace them.

J

Good to know @reevesci - I used the stock bolts, but for now, since they won't have anything pulling on them - it's mostly to give them a home. Really glad you got these into production.

I went out and had a gander under the 100 and realized the pass side front has longer bolts from the factory for the hook-em-a-bob,

I'm also wondering if a long enough bolt was used with a hardened washer could you stand them out say a 1/2" to better clear a stock bumper?

And these will work in the rear also right?

Last edited:
I'm also wondering if a long enough bolt was used with a hardened washer could you stand them out say a 1/2" to better clear a stock bumper?

I'm by no means the expert on that - I'll defer to Jason - personally I'd be concerned about the integrity of the recovery point - spacer - washer - bolts. And really I don't think the 1/2" would do it. I like these recovery points because they are low profile - and with one of these - angle of departure from your snatch strap or winch line won't be an issue.

And these will work in the rear also right?

I've got them on the rear of my 62. Pretty sure that's for the 80 and 100, too.

10-4,

I appreciate the info,

I have a 100 and so little invested in it at the moment I don't think I'll be getting bumpers anytime soon.

I think I'm going to partake in the sale and grab a set tonight. Or maybe (4)

10-4,

I appreciate the info,

I have a 100 and so little invested in it at the moment I don't think I'll be getting bumpers anytime soon.

I think I'm going to partake in the sale and grab a set tonight. Or maybe (4)

Yes, they work on the rear as well. I make 1/2" shims for the guys that are running the arb front bumpers to clear the bumper bracket. 1/2" won't change anything to the tow point, just put more stress on the bolt. So, I'd up the strength on the bolt to a 12.9 where you use spacers, if you go that route.

Jason

Just ordered a set, :D

I have the rear hitch still on but may try and move the front longer hook to the rear,

Then install both of these after I get them prepped and painted.

I'll keep that in mind J about the shims and upgraded bolts...

It I think I'm going to want them I'll PM ya,

Thanks again!

Just ordered a set, :D

I have the rear hitch still on but may try and move the front longer hook to the rear,

Then install both of these after I get them prepped and painted.

I'll keep that in mind J about the shims and upgraded bolts...

It I think I'm going to want them I'll PM ya,

Thanks again!

Thank you,

I make the shims to order, so let me know if you decide on them later. Shims are $40 a pair.

J

Thank you,

I make the shims to order, so let me know if you decide on them later. Shims are $40 a pair.

J

10-4, I should be fine.

I'll let you know if I want them or not after I get em on. :)

Is it safe to reuse the stock bolts if they look ok?

I got off the phone with a local bolt supplier and he would indeed need to order me a grade 12.9.

The length is what I am not sure of, it seems 70 or 80mm could be used with washers on both fronts.

I have cleaned up the frame under the stock pieces, touched it up with some Rustoleum flat black and am about to paint the recovery points also.

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom