Tow hitch for slee rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys
I'm going to buy a slee rear bumper and I just found out that they don't come with a tow hitch.
this is critical for me because I tow quite often my boat.
do you know if there is an option to put a tow hitch on the bumper? and make safe to tow?
I prefer not to add an original tow hitch under the bumper because it will take quite a lot from the clearance.
BTW I was trying to call them and ask them but they don't answer the phone...
thanks
Ofer

Check his site. They have two, one intended for attaching accessories and one for towing.

I just saw that
Thanks a lot!
Iq see that it says that it's not rated for towing
Does someone tried this for towing as well?
Is it safe?
Ofer

When they say not rated for towing it just means they have not jumped through all the government hoops (DOT) to get it certified to a specific level or weight for towing, not that it's not safe to tow with.

Yes that's what I thought but does people have experience with towing heavy stuff with this kind f receiver?

Are you using the adapter or the internal one that requires some drilling?

the internal, the bumper have 4 holes for it i do have all the pics when i installed mine if you think that can help i can send it to you.

I used Slee's 2" internal receiver system with my stock bumper/cross member. I towed 3,500 lbs with it and did several tow strap extractions that were pretty high force.

Great product, get it and don't look back, especially since you have the extra strength of the Slee bumper. This pic shows it before I bolted it up - you are getting some nice triangulation here, too.
Hitch Triangulation.jpg

The aux tank fits with this installed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom