For Sale Tough one....need MUD advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So like an idiot I sold my 100 6 years ago & have regretted it ever since. But it wasn't perfect for me then (color + nav + business needs/DD) so life.....

But now, I've been looking for a while, and dithering b/t a 100 or 200. This wouldn't be a DD, but looking for a 10 year vehicle, that will mostly be used in MI winters (yeah, salt) and for towing + carrying camping/paddle-boards/kayaks for family in summer. And fall trail/hunting season.

Here are the must haves:
100: charcoal or the dark blue (no silver) and grey interior. No nav. <200k. Good platform for a build. Solid records/low owners. Minimal rust. Prefer post 2004, but with lockers would do 98-00 but interior colors seem to come in only 1 flavor: tan. I don't like tan.

200: <$30k. Pacific Blue or Charcoal, < 120k (or higher with work done).

I can't figure out the current pricing on 100s--it is all over the board. Everything I like/seems decent comes with tan interior--I can't do tan; wife had the GX in tan & I just hate tan. I came across my unicorn--2005, charcoal, no Nav, grey interior...but $7k over MMR and from the midwest (though North Dakota, which doesn't use salt like IL/IN/MI...but still some rust there). They are in it for $3k over MMR, so not much wiggle room from a realistic standpoint as the dealer needs to make a profit, but no evidence timing belt done, and really minimal service records via carfax. Rust is ok (for a midwest car). Here is link to undercarriage video: 05 Landcruiser under.MOV

So at $15k.....pre build with at least another $1k in shipping + $1200 in tie rods/bushings/drive + rust cleanup & ?? timing belt.....but also no Nav, solid exterior/clean interior, perfect color combo..... What say MUD?

Really love the 100s...but with 200's now <$30k, and 7-8 years newer....would love some been-there/done-that advice.

I don't know the price but with that much rust underneath it would have to be a heck of a deal to get me interested.

Price is $15,995. Just heard back from dealer that TB & H20 done. Yeah, it isn't SW/CA clean underneath, but no nav.....perfect color combo.....

Or can buy a built one in less than (my) ideal color combo with known everything for $2k more.

I think at 16k plus delivery and dealer taxes...I'd cough up the extra for a local private party 200, because if its truly a 10 year rig the additional expense up front will be worth it in my opinion. That said I would like to add a non-nav late model 100 to my garage but our color tastes are polar opposites lol! best of luck in whatever you do here.

I still have yet to buy, started looking at 2000s, then 2003s for the rear airbags, and then better 03+s, and ended up at high mile well cared 200s. Same thing, I'm going to have it a while, and by the time a 100 gets rehabbed and built you might as well be on the new chassis, with the new interior etc and so forth. Not that there aren't enough people looking for 200s right now . . .

I've been on the lookout as well for a 100 and have relegated my search to the south in hopes of finding a relatively rust free vehicle. I'm sure I can locate one and I've got leads on a few in Florida, but your right the prices are all over the place from region to region. The Northeast has good prices but the undersides are far from desirable, and from what I've seen the south the prices seem inflated. I've been watching for about three months now and prices on most have not changed at all but the inventory seems largely the same. Once in awhile one pops up in just the right price and its gone within 24 hours.
Good luck with your search, lots of tough decisions to make. If time is on your side hold out for what you REALLY want in the vehicle and for what you want to use it for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom