Tough little pump... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last weekend I was out in the woods with my fraternity for our "redneck semi-formal"- (beer and a band on a farm). Did a little wheelin in the 80, and blew a power steering line. Wasn't sure of the problem and had no way to repair so I sucked it up and continued to wheel and drove home (2 hrs) without power steering. I was certain I would toast the pump.

Finally got a minute today, replaced a line, refilled with fluid, bled a little and it's back to normal!

I would have never thought a powersteering pump could take that... much less a Toyota one.

Just a little impressed. :cheers:

I think the FZ pump is mechanically driven in the block, so pretty tough - not a belt driven accessory type like "normal" civilian rigs.

DougM

yep gear driven. IIRC others have toasted them with very little driving when they lost fluid.
Cheers,
Sean

Don't tell me, let me guess.......

The return hose, the short one with the 90 degree bend right off of the gear box.

Fun to fix on the trail.....:rolleyes:

I'm surprised the pump survived.

No big guy. I am in VA at college. Oh and why do you have an 80 still in your signature? I heard you sold it.

cruiserdan said:
Don't tell me, let me guess.......

The return hose, the short one with the 90 degree bend right off of the gear box.

Fun to fix on the trail.....:rolleyes:

I'm surprised the pump survived.

Yep thats it. It was a bitch to get a new hose installed. (why I didn't even try on the trail) The old one came off fairly easily.

Hah, you'd be suprised Joe. Once you get out of the classroom and into the parties and fraternity's there are plenty of girls around. Still nothing like UGA though. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom