CLOSED --- TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS---CLOSED (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 100 loaded up to head to NOCO.

TourFlex constant (661-1100#) rear coils.

AS PICTURED
Rear bumper-- 180#
Drawers-- 150#
Drawer contents-- 200#
Sliders & Rack prorated weight- 75#

YETI 35 filled with drinks and ice--70#
Misc gear (fishing poles, blankets, chairs, bags, ..) 100#

Customer goodies:
complete 60 series suspension kit-- 225#
60 series dual swing arm bumper-- 140#

@mervo 80 Tourflex kit
Front and rear coils -- 70#
Front and Rear shocks-- 40#
misc items, castor plates, steering stabilizer, knuckle kit..-- 40#

Total load in pic--- 1290#.

I think my TourFlex CONSTANT springs are a little underrated!!! HA! I still have at least 4" of room before the bump stops hit. BUT SHE RIDES LIKE A CADILLAC!

J
IMG_20170805_115458936.jpg
IMG_20170805_121859292.jpg

Good looking truck Jason. If you are in the Boulder area, stop on in.

:cheers:

O, thanks!

The kids want to run Kelly Flats and Heart Attack hill tomorrow afternoon and then head to Estes on Monday. I could take 7 out of Estes to Lefthand and then to Seven Hills.... maybe. I'll give you a shout once I know their complete schedule. I have football and volleyball attendance duties...

J

O, thanks!

The kids want to run Kelly Flats and Heart Attack hill tomorrow afternoon and then head to Estes on Monday. I could take 7 out of Estes to Lefthand and then to Seven Hills.... maybe. I'll give you a shout once I know their complete schedule. I have football and volleyball attendance duties...

J

No worries. I won't be back into the Front Range till Tuesday night late.

Hey Jason, do you still have a 200 series TD lift kit available? I know you stated you had 1-light and 1-heavy shipped in. If so, how much and is it a 2" or 3" lift.

Thanks,
P

Did you install L on passenger side and R on driver? installing now and want to make sure!
I'll chime in on why I decided to get the strengthing brackets on a 2.5 tough dog lift. The brackets strengthen an area on the control arm where the bolts for the tbar bracket goes thru. I had seen some photos (aus mostly) of damage and for less than $100 and a bolt on solution, it felt like cheap insurance. The lift itself is probably not going to add too much stress. More likely it's the off-roading you may attempt that adds excess force. My 2 cents

Did you install L on passenger side and R on driver? installing now and want to make sure!

LH is left hand RH is right hand

RH and LH never change, no matter where the vehicle comes from.

LH is Driver and RH is Passenger for our LHD rigs.

J

Jason,
looks like my AHC crapped out on the LX470 today. Starting to get my ducks in order to replace with lift.
I'm not a regular overlander and the LX is primarily my daily. Are you medium springs very stiff without load on?
What is the torsion bar strengthener you sell with the kit? Is there a diff drop with this kit? How have your UCAs been holding up with the 3" kit or did you install uniball UCAs?

Also, can you PM price with 41mm F/R shipped to 33433? Thanks.

Jason,
looks like my AHC crapped out on the LX470 today. Starting to get my ducks in order to replace with lift.
I'm not a regular overlander and the LX is primarily my daily. Are you medium springs very stiff without load on?
What is the torsion bar strengthener you sell with the kit? Is there a diff drop with this kit? How have your UCAs been holding up with the 3" kit or did you install uniball UCAs?

Also, can you PM price with 41mm F/R shipped to 33433? Thanks.

The TourFlex are a dual rate tapered wire coil design.

The TourFlex mediums (up to 660# load) require a minimum of 250-300# of extra gear or armor. They would be too stiff and TALL for your needs. You would probably see closer to a 4.25" rear lift with "no-load".

I can add or delete any components from a full kit to suite your needs, but the basics need to e there for a TourFlex kit to work right.

The strengthening brackets are added/recommended due to repeated failures when adding any stronger than stock torsion bars. Bumpers, winches, extra batteries, etc.. TD has seen countless failures to arms and recommend the brackets any time their bars are added up front.

I recommend a diff drop at the 2" lift mark. Some companies recommend at lower lift increments.

I'm stiff on OEM front UCAs, no boot issues and alignment is perfect. No torque steer, no pulling on normal driving and no pulling under braking. The only loss I can see so far is down travel off-road. In which I would recommend the Nitro UCA's over all others. Carl @just differentials or myself can help with that purchase as well.

41mm front and rear 100 series foam cells are 190.00 a pair shipped (front or rear) I'm out of front shocks with this last run of TB's since I was the only one in the USA (apparently) that had TB's in stock. I will be placing my last AIR FREIGHT order tomorrow for misc Tough Dog components. Let me know if you want anything. Otherwise it will be late December before another order comes in.

Jason

My wife decided to park the cruiser.... Tough Dog parking 101.

Fyi, EarthRoamer owner was there and we started talking shop. He said his rig had front and rear lockers. Naturally I told him we should each pick larger and larger boulders to pose on. He said, "Not a chance, might I break something." I just shook my head and told him he should have bought a Land Cruiser.

IMG_8137.JPG

IMG_8138.JPG

My wife decided to park the cruiser.... Tough Dog parking 101.

Fyi, EarthRoamer owner was there and we started talking shop. He said his rig had front and rear lockers. Naturally I told him we should each pick larger and larger boulders to pose on. He said, "Not a chance, might I break something." I just shook my head and told him he should have bought a Land Cruiser.

View attachment 1525674

View attachment 1525675

S, Did you get the steering stabilizer dialed in to your liking? Thoughts on the adjustability of it and the feel?

We need to get a forklift and fully flex the "Blackhole" out.

Looking good brother,

J

S, Did you get the steering stabilizer dialed in to your liking? Thoughts on the adjustability of it and the feel?

We need to get a forklift and fully flex the "Blackhole" out.

Looking good brother,

J

Sure did! Dialed in and squared away. I do want to check it out on the trails to see if I like a different adjustment on road vs. trail. But it's good to go for now.

Forklift huh? I'm surprised you don't have one in storage or under a mound of steel in the shop. Offer still stands to help you drive a rig to Cali if you a hand.

Sure did! Dialed in and squared away. I do want to check it out on the trails to see if I like a different adjustment on road vs. trail. But it's good to go for now.

Forklift huh? I'm surprised you don't have one in storage or under a mound of steel in the shop. Offer still stands to help you drive a rig to Cali if you a hand.

I might take you up on that. Andrea has to go to Houston (when Harvey settles down) for up to 6 months, so I'll be running quite a few solo runs to Redding. Sucks being away that long, but I'll get a ton done in the new shop.

Forklift was purchased and is at the Redding shop already.... D'OH!

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom