CLOSED --- TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS---CLOSED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably about an inch. It is naturally a smidge of a stink bug. Which I like as that is how the 80 series came from the factory.

Yeah, probably about an inch. It is naturally a smidge of a stink bug. Which I like as that is how the 80 series came from the factory.

I understand the level look some want, but I prefer a little rake as well. IMO, better handling and stopping characteristics.

J

TourFlex UPDATE:

3" Medium and Heavy springs for the 100 are on this order. Next will be the 2" Medium and Heavy TourFlex for the 100.

80 series TourFlex are not too far behind. Waiting on the medium 3" fronts to be designed and run and then I will run front and rears. This will be both 2" and 3" medium and heavies. These will be available after we get back from the Tuff Truck Challenge in April.

By end of Jan-mid-Feb

100 TourFlex 3" medium and heavy coils will be in stock (taking orders now for these)

By end of April

100 TourFlex 2" medium and heavy coils
80 TourFlex 2" and 3" medium and heavy front and rear coils

Also hoping that the remote reservoir 50mm bore - 9 stage adjustables will be in production as well.

Jason

@reevesci , now that I've read my way through all 18 pages of the shock thread in 80 series. Not to mention the help I've been getting from @GW Nugget , I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of what I'm looking for Spring wise. It also helps that I just read through this thread for the tenth time and am seeing what was confusing me. I see now that the Tour Flex is a custom spring that you are having done up as opposed to the TD's which are from a separate manufacturer.

Would you mind posting what the spring rates will be for all of the 80 series offerings you will have ? Both Tour Flex and Tough Dog offerings from light, medium, heavy ? It would be nice to have them in one spot on here to make it easier to compare offerings.

@reevesci , now that I've read my way through all 18 pages of the shock thread in 80 series. Not to mention the help I've been getting from @GW Nugget , I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of what I'm looking for Spring wise. It also helps that I just read through this thread for the tenth time and am seeing what was confusing me. I see now that the Tour Flex is a custom spring that you are having done up as opposed to the TD's which are from a separate manufacturer.

Would you mind posting what the spring rates will be for all of the 80 series offerings you will have ? Both Tour Flex and Tough Dog offerings from light, medium, heavy ? It would be nice to have them in one spot on here to make it easier to compare offerings.

M, @GW Nugget

First the TourFlex and the Tough Dog springs are made by the same manufacturer in Australia by King Spring. Second, the TourFlex is a limited application design for a specific use and rig set up. It will have only 1 front option and 2 rear options for the 80 series. I'm waiting on the 3, 4, 5 and 6" Coil spring rates, but they are all linear springs. No dual rate.

TourFlex for 80 -- 75mm (2" are not in production as of yet, but will have the same spring rates)

Front- 270/200 (for a steel bumper with winch)
Rear- Light 250/170 (0-660# load rating)
Rear- Medium 320/180 (661- 1100# load rating)

2" Tough Dog
Front-Light 948L--(250/200)
Rear- Light 949L (0-660#) --(280/220)

Front- Medium 948HL--(270/200)
Rear- Medium 949HL (660# PLUS CONSTANT RATE up to 1100#) --(330/180)

Front-Heavy 943H --(320 linear)
Rear- Heavy 945H (1100# PLUS CONSTANT RATE) --(360 linear)

Also, the 80 series offers 4 different shock options for the 2" and 3" lifts.

*41mm foam cell
*40mm 9 stage adjustable
*45mm 9 stage adjustable
*53mm big bore foam cell

J

Some news from Down Under this weekend

Toyota and Nissan in the Middle East and South Africa have approved/accepted Tough Dog as an approved suspension vendor. Suspension kits and components will be available for purchase at dealerships in those regions starting soon.

Speaking with the owner, he is currently focused on opening a distribution center in the Middle East and then he will look into the US. Also, we will be offering several new makes and models to the US market that are to be designed in the next 12 months. This is still a ways out but on the board.

Thought I'd share the news,

Jason

@half k cruiser and @GW Nugget a little more info on the coil process from Tough Dog and King.

Jason

TD and TF Springs.jpg
TD and TF Springs2.jpg
TD and TF Springs3.jpg
TD and TF Springs4.jpg
TD and TF Springs5.jpg

will you or do you have an 80 series dual rate heavy load suspension kit available? I have OME 850/863 now running 315's but might want to explore a dual rate setup if available.

N,

None of the TD or TourFlex are offered in a HEAVY- CONSTANT 1100# PLUS dual rate coil. The TD might, but I do not know of one coming available anytime soon.

J

What?
No heavy duty?
Isn't 180/320 rear spring strong enough for that?

The TOUR FLEX spring details:

SPRINGS- 75mm lift are made with XK5 German spring steel, fronts- 17mm and rears- 19mm wire diameter.

Fronts are 545-535mm with a rate of 200-270LB/"
Rears are 555-545mm with a rate of 180-320LB/"

What?
No heavy duty?
Isn't 180/320 rear spring strong enough for that?

The TOUR FLEX spring details:

SPRINGS- 75mm lift are made with XK5 German spring steel, fronts- 17mm and rears- 19mm wire diameter.

Fronts are 545-535mm with a rate of 200-270LB/"
Rears are 555-545mm with a rate of 180-320LB/"

TD doesn't call a spring "light, medium and heavy" like others (that is my naming to help others associate better). They joke about the term HEAVY DUTY... All TD springs are HD and designed with a specific load range.

J

Ok, well the spring @1973Guppie has is a 863 which is 300 to 600 pound load coil.
Yours goes up to 1100... I would say that's HD

@GW Nugget

Tough Dog rear load ranges for the 80/100:

1) COMFORT (0-300kg) 0-660# of load
2) CONSTANT (300-499kg) 660# to 1100# of load
3) CONSTANT (500-PLUS) 1100# to 1500# of load

Ok, so are those higher load coils single or dual rates.

Do you have a spec sheet yet of the coils that you plan on bringing into the US? Free height, rate, diameter etc...

Ok, so are those higher load coils single or dual rates.

Do you have a spec sheet yet of the coils that you plan on bringing into the US? Free height, rate, diameter etc...

I do have that sheet and will post them once I break them out of the list. Rates and loads see above.

Comfort 0-660#--- DUAL
Constant 660-1100#--- DUAL
Constant 500+ (1100# to 1500#)---SINGLE/LINEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom