CLOSED --- TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS---CLOSED (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any squeaking from their tough dog shocks? Getting some squeaking in my rears
More than 3 yrs on mine, many trail miles and my DD...no squeaks from shocks. What troubleshooting have you done to confirm shock vs. something else? Easy to remove shocks and see if noise stays or goes.

No squeaks on mine. My springs pop when I turn hard because the spring pack clamps lost their spacers. I need to try and make new ones.

More than 3 yrs on mine, many trail miles and my DD...no squeaks from shocks. What troubleshooting have you done to confirm shock vs. something else? Easy to remove shocks and see if noise stays or goes.
i'll check my end links next. but the sound was not there prior the swapping my shocks. I also swapped rear springs to a stiffer set but will troubleshoot some more.

i'll check my end links next. but the sound was not there prior the swapping my shocks. I also swapped rear springs to a stiffer set but will troubleshoot some more.
Ya, good plan.

At one point early this year I had some horrible squeaking going on. Turned out the Johnny Joints on my lower control arms were just dry...they do have Zerk fittings, but the joints are so tight I don't think my grease gun was doing much good. Ended up disassembling them to clean & relube...not difficult at all using a press, sockets, and snap ring pliers. Reinstalled arms and no more squeaks.

Am in the habit of using Toyota Rubber Grease on all rubber suspension bushings, including upper and lower shock attachments. Rig's suspension is very quiet.

Ya'll still liking the Tough Dog Product line???

Loving my tough dog suspension, it has gotten really comfortable with the addition of the rear bumper and roof top tent.

My Tough Dog equipped 80, in the wild.

This thread needs more pics!😎

20210928_080956.jpg

Any older vehicle applications, just installed 3" Alcan lift on my 69 55 series and the shocks are maxed out. I had planned on replacing em anyway with some Bilstein's till I was told about the foam shocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom