CLOSED --- TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS---CLOSED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further testing of the toughdog suspension today...

IMG_3203.jpg

Do you have any pictures comparing the 2 and 3 inch lift on a 100?

Are the 41 and 53 shocks valved the same? I'm trying to keep the smooth ride that i love. Would the 53 be Overkill for a vehicle that spends 99.9% of its time on paved roads?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have any pictures comparing the 2 and 3 inch lift on a 100?

Are the 41 and 53 shocks valved the same? I'm trying to keep the smooth ride that i love. Would the 53 be Overkill for a vehicle that spends 99.9% of its time on paved roads?

Thanks in advance.

I'd run a 2" with the 41mm front and rear shocks. 53mm are more for heavy fronts and high speed offroad travel. They are great for paved roads, just overkill if DD is 99% of your use.

2"

upload_2018-5-31_22-54-11.png

upload_2018-5-31_22-54-57.png

3"

IMG_20161026_112306638.jpg
j

With any aftermarket suspension throw your idea of the plush stock ride out the window

With any aftermarket suspension throw your idea of the plush stock ride out the window
I understand that, but I've been in cars with nitro chargers (real bad) and cars with icons (real nice) and would like to stay around the nice end of the spectrum if possible.

I understand that, but I've been in cars with nitro chargers (real bad) and cars with icons (real nice) and would like to stay around the nice end of the spectrum if possible.
I went with the 3” tourflex ralphs in the front 41 in the rear. Definitely firm cant compare it to icons as ive never driven them. But i expected the firmness definitly not forgiving or anything close to silky plush ride of a stock system . But maybe i need to put some serious miles on the suspension to break it in

Might
I went with the 3” tourflex ralphs in the front 41 in the rear. Definitely firm cant compare it to icons as ive never driven them. But i expected the firmness definitly not forgiving or anything close to silky plush ride of a stock system . But maybe i need to put some serious miles on the suspension to break it in

What do you have on your car in the way of extra weight?

Arb front kaymar rear with tire swing out . Cvt tent front runner rack and slee sliders

Arb front kaymar rear with tire swing out . Cvt tent front runner rack and slee sliders

Thanks for all your help.

One last question, are the length of these shocks longer than stock? My research leads me to believe that would be the limiting factor in how much i can lift while maintaining proper droop.

@reevesci do you have any of the 100 series medium tour flex springs in stock?

After many hours of research, I decided to go with Tough Dog over the other brands. One of the main selling points for me was the rear adjustable dampening, it is perfect for someone who daily drives their rig. It's like having two suspensions setups! I'll firm it up (#4 or #5) when I'm coasting on the Freeway, and soften it when I hit the dirt! The Tough Dog is EXTREME SMOOOTTHHHHHH on road! Feels like my Aunt's Lexus LS460. WAY better than the spongy boat-like OEMs. @reevesci was very helpful and informative! I was a total newb and he basically walked me through how everything worked, Anyways here is a pic!
oFtaQj8.jpg

wx9PB7W.jpg

NRrKkql.jpg

Last edited:
After many hours of research, I decided to go with Tough Dog over the other brands. One of the main selling points for me was the rear adjustable dampening, it is perfect for someone who daily drives their rig. It's like having two suspensions setups! I'll firm it up (#4 or #5) when I'm coasting on the Freeway, and soften it when I hit the dirt! The Tough Dog is EXTREME SMOOOTTHHHHHH on road! Feels like my Aunt's Lexus LS460. WAY better than the spongy boat-like OEMs. @reevesci was very helpful and informative! I was a total newb and he basically walked me through how everything worked, Anyways here is a pic!
oFtaQj8.jpg

wx9PB7W.jpg

NRrKkql.jpg
Looking good! 2 or 3 inch?

Never seen a Y60
You have one?

This is a 1992 Y60 Safari Patrol. This one is a customers I'm building out. I have another coming in for the same work, but with a 6" lift and full aluminum armor and rack in a few weeks. He is looking for one for me in Russia right now. I'm wanting the 5 speed and the TD42 engine.

Both these guys are from Russia and know the trucks and where and who to source them from. Plus they are about a 1/3 the price of an HDJ81 these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom