Tough Dog suspension help rides ROUGH! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, took some measurements.
DS Front 22 1/4"
PS Front 21 1/3"
Both Rears 23 1/4"
The DS Front had less than 1.4" of droop.

I am going to lower it down to around 21 1/3" to match the passenger. With the drivers side unloaded and raise in the air the torsion bar bolt is stuck, can't get any movement with a breaker bar sprayed PB, going to try again in 30 min.
Oh dude! You definitely need to drop some hight out of her, you need double that amount of droop! No wonder it's a bad ride. This is why most 2" lift kits arn't really 2" lift kits! Lol. It's such a misunderstood thing with these ifs 100s.

Get some longer shocks is my advice.

It's a bloody joke! The main stream suspension companies are to blame for such misinformation, the likes of OME, Ironman, Toughdog ect ect!
They all advertise these 2" lifts and diff drops, when infact, the most lift you can do is 30mm! Which completely makes their diff drops pointless!! It's a bloody shocker! Pun intended! 😆

I'm glad I came across this thread.. I am also a victim of the "Jeep quality" driving experience. Ever since I installed my Ironman 2" lift kit with HD springs, the pavement experience is ROUGH and i'm getting to a point where I don't know how much longer I can stand the stiff ride.

I didn't opt for the fancier foam cell pro version of their shocks so i'm starting to wonder if I should "upgrade" to something with more travel/longer? What options are out there that we should look into? Dobinsons? I do have aftermarket UCA's (Freedom Offroad), so how does that affect the performance of the front end ride quality / shock function?

I don't know if my poor ride quality is strictly due to my shocks or anything, but my main complaint is that I suffer from the stiff ride quality and ANNOYING vibration throughout the whole car that shakes my bull bar and passenger seats anytime I go over 70 MPH.

I've tried lowering the overall suspension (removing rear spring spacer and cranking down the TB's to the minimum recommended droop measurement), but it doesn't seem to have any impact..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom