Tough Dog Lift & Nitro Gear UCA Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLC2013

SILVER Star
Threads
Last week I picked up my 2013 Land Cruiser up from Dissent Offroad. Had their bumpers, Tough Dog 45mm adjustable lift, and Nitro Gear UCAs installed by Ben and his crew. They did an amazing job and I want to thank everyone for their posts and reviews as I feel I made an excellent decision based on the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

REVIEW
Before the lift I experienced some kdss sway bar rub (passenger side) at full steering wheel lock with 285/65r18 General Grabber ATX all terrains. Adding Evo Corse wheels helped (18x8.5 w/ 45mm offset) but didnt fully eliminate it. Stock Alignment before the lift and UCAs had caster at 2.6 Degrees. Adding the lift and UCAs I was now in the Mid 3 degrees of caster and still had around 1/2" of clearance at the sway bar.

If anyone needs an alignment shop in the Sacramento area Clark Frame and Wheel Alignment (www.clarkframe.com) out of Roseville CA are top notch. They know lifted trucks and Toyotas very well and are familiar with Land Cruisers. They take the time to dial everything in and account for the road crown. I have had awful experiences with Big0 tires doing the minimum to get things into the green and calling it good so I was happy to find a good specialty alignment shop that knows their stuff.

Post lift and alignment it tracks straight on the highway and does not pull under any circumstances. Caster is in the 3's and it drives better then stock.

I am running the Tough Dogs on setting 3 of 8 and the feel is similar to the stock ride, marginally firmer and with zero body roll. Drastic improvement in overall ride quality.

Here are a couple pictures

0BFFEAB6-4B49-441E-9828-05FDA1CC09FB.jpeg

7ED983FC-DB0E-414D-A330-9449D4AE1778.jpeg

Sweet! I didn't know that Nitro made UCAs. I really like that they use a ball joint and not a uniball. I see too much wet weather to believe that a uniball makes much sense for me. They claim no squeaks. Let us know how that goes :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom