GM Touchy steering wheel, random grinding/vibration from middle area of front end , (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2000 Grand Am GT, I've noticed a random front end grinding noise that does it in a pattern. It will grind 2 times in a row then stop , then a few seconds later same thing. I can feel it on the floor / brake & gas peddle. I'm almost certain it's not a wheel bearing. I'm concerned because if I hit bumps the car gets extremely lose and jolts enough that could make me lose control on a wet road..... I've hand complete front brakes done, I have continental 220/45/R17 tires,

Could this be the drive axle or Pinon steering ?
Nothing in the break peddle when breaking for sound or vibration only at 120-130km/hr the car seems to get a bit lose and vibration starts but after 130

I’d jack the front end up and start looking for play in the wheels and steering.

So I had a weekend to check the car out... oh my god so much was wrong...

I replaced both front wheel barrings, power steering pump, belt, Motor Mount, 02 sensor, the issue was the wheel barrings but other thing we're found when I actually looked deeper .

I hear you. I just pulled apart everything from the steering box to the tie rods on my Yukon to replace everything. Might as well replace it all when you’re in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom