Touch up paint rejuvenation - possible?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by IdahoDoug, Oct 10, 2003.

1. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

My touch up paint is 10 years old and it's amazing that I can still use it. However, as I was finishing I could tell it was thickening and wondered if anyone has a suggestion for a solvent to add to it. It's not like normal paint in some respects (fast drying, etc) so consider this in responding. I'm thinking of something I could put a drop in and it would remain in solution rather than being solid next time I use it. Anyone?

And yes, I know that maintaining your touch up paint is over the top, but...:D

IdahoDoug

2. moralien

moralien

May wanna try a dollop of thinner. Or you could stop being a cheap bastid and just go get some more.
    :slap: :D

3. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Based on it lasting 10 years, I'd guess it's not just ordinary thinner. Dunno. What's in there anyhow - laquer? Doesn't smell like normal paint. In fact, think I'll go out in the garage and have a few more wiffs. Yeah....that's it...... :eek:

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Let's see.........

$5.29 / 10 = 52.9 cents per year...............

That is way past cheap...... :rolleyes:

5. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

On a per chip basis, the news is even better. I'd estimate I've hit 100 chips over the years for a per chip cost of 5.29ยข. Not bad, eh? :D And good morning to y'all..

IdahoDoug

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.