1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch up paint rejuvenation - possible?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by IdahoDoug, Oct 10, 2003.

1. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

My touch up paint is 10 years old and it's amazing that I can still use it. However, as I was finishing I could tell it was thickening and wondered if anyone has a suggestion for a solvent to add to it. It's not like normal paint in some respects (fast drying, etc) so consider this in responding. I'm thinking of something I could put a drop in and it would remain in solution rather than being solid next time I use it. Anyone?

And yes, I know that maintaining your touch up paint is over the top, but...:D

IdahoDoug

2. moralien

moralien

May wanna try a dollop of thinner. Or you could stop being a cheap bastid and just go get some more.
    :slap: :D

3. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Based on it lasting 10 years, I'd guess it's not just ordinary thinner. Dunno. What's in there anyhow - laquer? Doesn't smell like normal paint. In fact, think I'll go out in the garage and have a few more wiffs. Yeah....that's it...... :eek:

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Let's see.........

$5.29 / 10 = 52.9 cents per year...............

That is way past cheap...... :rolleyes:

5. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

On a per chip basis, the news is even better. I'd estimate I've hit 100 chips over the years for a per chip cost of 5.29ยข. Not bad, eh? :D And good morning to y'all..

IdahoDoug