Touch up for interior trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First-time poster with a new-to-me ‘17. Thanks for all the great advice so far. I’ve searched but didn’t see an answer to this question.

Some of the silver interior trim pieces are showing some wear/minor chips in places — particularly around the cup holder and parking brake and (not surprisingly) the driver door handle.

Is there a good solution to touch these up?

What finish is the '17 in those areas?

My '16 has a brushed aluminum in those area, and I don't think there is a good way to touch them up. My former '13 had painted panels, and I replaced some of them with new parts from the dealer.

It looks like brushed aluminum but scuffs (and feels) like silver-painted plastic. So I’m not sure.

First-time poster with a new-to-me ‘17. Thanks for all the great advice so far. I’ve searched but didn’t see an answer to this question.

Some of the silver interior trim pieces are showing some wear/minor chips in places — particularly around the cup holder and parking brake and (not surprisingly) the driver door handle.

Is there a good solution to touch these up?

For the door handles, it's easiest to simply replace the cover trim. Pretty straight forward pop off and replace. Here's the driver side:

Likely same deal with console pieces as once the texture is scuffed, not like you can clean it back to new. I've never disassembled my console so unsure how involved this is, but shouldn't be too bad. That said, here are most the trim pieces around the console, but notice the color options are black and sand so I'm unsure what part # actually corresponds to faux aluminum textured trim. Sand seems like a strange description for it 🤷‍♂️

I think I have seen brushed aluminum look vinyl wrap materials. I wonder if that would look decent? I'd probably just buy new parts if it really bothered me. They aren't terribly expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom