toting guns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
right now my solution to carrying my rifle and shotgun in my cruiser, usually 80 is to put it in a case and lay it in the back. just wondering what kind of setups people have, 40, 60, 80, whatever, would like to see or hear some space saving ideas that keep the gun out of the way.

we dont have any case law here in wyoming, so we can just put it in a rack and carry.

I installed one of those standing double rifle holders right where the rear heater would go. It worked alright, but took some bracing to keep it from rattling and shaking around. I didn't have jump seats, so I thought about putting some holders on my rollbars.

Someone(maybe look at Cabeles(sp) makes a deal that fits on the back of the front seats, you slide your rifle into it, but you must pull it out thru the rear doors.

John H

I keep a Glock securely tucked against the parking brake lever. It never moves - even offroad.

IdahoDoug

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=14;threadid=6458;start=msg52759#msg52759 date=1066634472]
I keep a Glock securely tucked against the parking brake lever. It never moves - even offroad.

IdahoDoug
[/quote]

:D my green 40 has a OEM hand gun stash box in it......very handy(ie within easy reach) and no one would ever find it ;)

I think you have all forgoten about the best way to tote a gun in a Cruiser.......quit screwing around and do it right :D
LC75darkgreenmilitary.jpg

LC70cannon4.jpg

LC100desertpatrol2.jpg

LC45misslelanch.jpg

:flipoff2:

That last picture with the 45 is waaay too damn cool
Almost as cool as that one "We hate those Jeeps" with the 40 and a machine gun. :D

just wondering what kind of setups people have, 40, 60, 80, whatever, would like to see or hear some space saving ideas that keep the gun out of the way.

Junk and I just hang them out the window while doing "drive bys" here in NJ ,also keeps the emptys out of the car and burning the rug too :D

I bought a upright double gun rack from sportsmans warehouse (made by rugged trail) and mounted it on the cross bars under my seat that connect horizontally between the roll bar stringers. It works great and the rifles are very secure. I don't have a digital camera but if you want pictures let me know and I will borrow a camera

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=14;threadid=6458;start=msg53994#msg53994 date=1066869277]
That last picture with the 45 is waaay too damn cool
Almost as cool as that one "We hate those Jeeps" with the 40 and a machine gun. :D
[/quote]

i couldnt find the pic but i was thinking the same thing

Is that a Thompson? Nice.

I just toss the long guns in the back. I'd rather not advertise the presence of guns in the rig. Other than the NRA and GOA stickers, of course ;).

You store your guns in the sh*tter? :D

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=14;threadid=6458;start=msg55072#msg55072 date=1067032367]
Is that a Thompson? Nice.
[/quote]

yes it is, on both counts. aka:a chicago typewriter.

Look at the cop supply shops, they got some neat racks for mounting long guns, they all have locks as well.

John H

I have been trying to get a picture for you but my friend with a digital camera is on leave. I just used mine this past week during hunting season. I was crossing a field to pick up a deer that a hunter had shot and I didn't expect a 16 in dia log to be laying in the middle of the field, after the "ruff" landing I looked at my rifles expecting to see a pile of guns instead they were securely in the rifle rack, unlike the other stuff in the cruiser they hadn't moved. I am sold. One of a few times when you spend money and get more than you expected. The rugged trail dual rifle rack is available at sportsmans warehouse which I believe is owned by bass pro shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom