1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

totalled 93 fzj80, what to keep?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by leonard_nemoy, Jul 20, 2005.

1. leonard_nemoy

leonard_nemoy

My dad totalled his 93 fzj 80 and I was wondering what is worth keeping that I can either swap or easily modify to make fit my fj62. I am thinking of lockers/axles. seats, wheels, and anything else you guys could think of. Thanks.

2. Satamax

Satamax

South western alps south east part of France. Righ
    Keep it all, you could swap the T case and gearbox in there, and even the engine, if yours ever feels weak! Well, that would be an HDJ8O, i wouldn't look back, i'd swap everything in right away!

3. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, does it HAVE lockers? If so, keep the entire axle assembly, caliper to caliper. You'll want the locker switch, solenoids, relays, everything to make them work.

You'll want the master cyl if you're going to use the 80's brakes.

If you have the means to do it, a motor/drive train swap would be the ticket, as said by Satamax.

To make the axles work you'll either have to convert them to a leaf spring axle by welding up some perches or convert your 62 to a coil sprung design, again a bit of fabrication is needed here.

4. timbercruiser

timbercruiser

Is the frame damaged? If not, build a buggy out of it!!!

5. dd113

dd113

Hmmmmmm... easy coil 62 swap.

6. leonard_nemoy

leonard_nemoy

Will the wheels swap over to my fj62 and how hard would it be to just swap the front axle assembly, I understand I would need to fabricate some spring perches and get a mini truck flang, would there be anything else.