totalled 93 fzj80, what to keep? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dad totalled his 93 fzj 80 and I was wondering what is worth keeping that I can either swap or easily modify to make fit my fj62. I am thinking of lockers/axles. seats, wheels, and anything else you guys could think of. Thanks.

Keep it all, you could swap the T case and gearbox in there, and even the engine, if yours ever feels weak! Well, that would be an HDJ8O, i wouldn't look back, i'd swap everything in right away!

Well, does it HAVE lockers? If so, keep the entire axle assembly, caliper to caliper. You'll want the locker switch, solenoids, relays, everything to make them work.

You'll want the master cyl if you're going to use the 80's brakes.

If you have the means to do it, a motor/drive train swap would be the ticket, as said by Satamax.

To make the axles work you'll either have to convert them to a leaf spring axle by welding up some perches or convert your 62 to a coil sprung design, again a bit of fabrication is needed here.

Is the frame damaged? If not, build a buggy out of it!!!

Hmmmmmm... easy coil 62 swap.

Will the wheels swap over to my fj62 and how hard would it be to just swap the front axle assembly, I understand I would need to fabricate some spring perches and get a mini truck flang, would there be anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom