Total Chaos Upper Control Arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
Total Chaos 2008+ Toyota Land Cruiser Upper Control Arm Kit

TOTAL CHAOS Fabrication has expanded its upper control arm product line for the Toyota market to now include 2008+ Land Cruiser models. These stock length 4130 chromoly upper control arms replace factory arms and incorporate a 1” uniball for added travel. Zerk fittings are included on all 4 pivots to lubricate the urethane bushings. These arms have added caster and are intended to regain factory recommended alignment specifications when aftermarket lifts have been installed. These upper arms were designed to be installed with the new ICON bolt in 2.5” coil over shock that adds up to 3” of lift and allows the installation of up to a 33” tire. Increase handling and durability with TC’s UCA package. This system comes complete with upper control arms, urethane bushings, inner sleeves, grade 8 hardware, zerk fittings, hi misalignment spacers, powder coat with an added clear coat.

87504_fw01.jpg

Too funny. I just posted this on Expedition portal about twenty minutes ago.

That is precisely where I first learned of it. Thank you, sir ;)

Funny though when I asked Total Chaos for something like this for the 100, they were not interested. :frown:

That is precisely where I first learned of it. Thank you, sir ;)

Funny though when I asked Total Chaos for something like this for the 100, they were not interested. :frown:

That's what they told me also when I called and asked about the 100 series. :rolleyes: I don't get it.

I believe, though could be mistaken, that the 200 series shares allot of parts and design with the new Tundra. Their Tundra arms would require minor or no mods to get them on to a 200, so it was a no brainer. I think the 200 might have shorter stock arms than the Tundra does... again unsure.

How is it that all this stuff is already coming out for a vehicle in its first year of production, and it took years to get anything for the 100? :hmm:

According to Christo, a lot of the Tundra stuff crosses over.

Spoke to them today, they said that they should retail about $699 and will only work with aftermarket coil overs. Won't work with stock.

Should be available next week!

I believe, though could be mistaken, that the 200 series shares allot of parts and design with the new Tundra. Their Tundra arms would require minor or no mods to get them on to a 200, so it was a no brainer. I think the 200 might have shorter stock arms than the Tundra does... again unsure.

BINGO!

So who's gonna do it? Come on, somebody start building a bad ass 200 series! I'm gonna need a "new" DD cruiser in 2009 so I can take my 100 to the next level. Not sure if I should buy a 2006/2007, or a 2008??? Whatever it is will get built-up eventually once I kill mine! :steer: :grinpimp:

So who's gonna do it? Come on, somebody start building a bad ass 200 series! I'm gonna need a "new" DD cruiser in 2009 so I can take my 100 to the next level. Not sure if I should buy a 2006/2007, or a 2008??? Whatever it is will get built-up eventually once I kill mine! :steer: :grinpimp:

I spoke with Pat over at Total Chaos yesterday.

Well you cannot do the control arms on Stock shocks and Icon has not come out with the rear coil overs yet. The fronts from Icon should be this or next week.

So it is kind of a waiting game right now.

Once they come out with rear AND front coil overs, then getting the arms makes sense. I will love to take the plunge. I just don't want to pay for the install of just the fronts and arms....then have to pay again to get the rears done.

I spoke with Pat over at Total Chaos yesterday.

Well you cannot do the control arms on Stock shocks and Icon has not come out with the rear coil overs yet. The fronts from Icon should be this or next week.

So it is kind of a waiting game right now.

Once they come out with rear AND front coil overs, then getting the arms makes sense. I will love to take the plunge. I just don't want to pay for the install of just the fronts and arms....then have to pay again to get the rears done.

That makes sense. I can't wait to see/hear the results.

I've been running these upper arms and the icon front coil over for a few months now. they are great. the rear definitely needs some new coils and shocks. the truck can bomb through stuff with ease, but the rear can't keep up. word is that Icon is working on addressing the rear as well i'd suspect by mid summer they'd be ready to go. I'm sure ARB will be ready by then as well, and it would be interesting to compare the two.

I've been running these upper arms and the icon front coil over for a few months now. they are great. the rear definitely needs some new coils and shocks. the truck can bomb through stuff with ease, but the rear can't keep up. word is that Icon is working on addressing the rear as well i'd suspect by mid summer they'd be ready to go. I'm sure ARB will be ready by then as well, and it would be interesting to compare the two.

You have been running them for a few months?

That is interesting since Total Chaos and ICON only released these in the last 2 weeks. How did you get them?

yes i didn't want to be stuck with 18's. let me know when you want to go wheeling. ours should be ready by mid summer.

yes i didn't want to be stuck with 18's. let me know when you want to go wheeling. ours should be ready by mid summer.

So you don't have 18's on it? I thought the article says that you do.

What size are they if no 18's?

Where abouts are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom