TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
That's right. Complain here. About anything. Because we all care about your petty problems and want to know more.

The upholsterer dropped off our couch, chaise lounge, bench and 2 chairs. They had to come back for the couch and a chair to redo them the right way. They also spent an hour on my floor reassembling the chaise so it was once again usable. I don't get it. They have before pictures. How hard is it to reference them to ensure doing it right? Then there was: "Can you help us load out the couch, John?" No, I don't think I can, but y'all have fun with that.

I bought a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack a few years ago but never really used it. Wife said it's time to downsize a bit, so I took it to Guitar Center to buy something smaller. Not a spec of dirt on it and it still has all of the original stickers and cards hanging off of it from when I bought it. All manuals in their boxes, all cords perfect and neatly rolled up... Let's just say there is much merit to taking the time to sell it on eBay or Craigslist or whatever you like...

Not really rantworthy, but hey, it's only the 2nd comment in the thread.

Insurance companies; closest thing I know of to legalized stealing. (Not blaming the agents, just the pencil pushers who run the companies.)

When the homeowners and car insurance I had with the local bank I do business with, through Kemper Ins., was up for renewal, I started doing research into different companies and rates. AARP just sent a flier about Hartford so I included them in the research. Funny, they were $1100/yr cheaper for the same coverage so I cancelled the Kemper polices and started with Hartford. About 45 days later I receive a cancellation notice from Hartford and call their 800 number since I am highly/easily confused. Seems there was a form I had to fill out and return called right to rate, Hartford failed to tell me that it was required in NC and it was buried deep within the policy. So I worked this out and the policy was renewed.

Fast forward one year, I receive my renewal rate sheet with the monthly payments detailed and something just doesn't look right. On the auto policy they went up $34/mo, roughly an 55% increase. So I called to ask why and was told they had a general 8.5% increase in NC because we are so liable to have accidents and there was a claim on my van three years before I started their policy. The phone call did not go well and I was getting irate talking to numerous people who could not and would not give me a straight answer. So I told them to cancel the policy effective 5 days in the future and they balked saying I probably couldn't get insurance that fast. Pure BS.

That same day I did more research and made more calls and finally settled on USAA, they were a little less than Hartford per month for car and homeowners and their effective date was the day prior to when Hartford was supposed to cancel. I was also told by Hartford I needed to give them at least 5 days notice to stop the next debit from my checking account so I gave them 6. Funny thing though, they still debited my account for the next payment.

So I call again and have to repeat my story several times as I climb the chain of command. Bottom line, they are claiming I didn't cancel until the date they took the debit, 6 days after verbal notice, and state it was a "short rate cancellation" so they are due a % of the payment. According the the NC Dept of Ins they can take a small % but not all. But they took it all and I can see no help coming for the NC Dept of Ins.

When I complained to the NC Dept of Ins the end result was I had to give Hartford written notice, not told that, they can keep the payment 100%, not told that and even with proof of the new policy effective date Hartford did not honor the cancellation date.

More to come later about New York Life about a life insurance policy once I cool down.

I don't like how peanut butter jars seem to be getting bigger but knives aren't getting any longer. There's just no way to dig it up from the bottom without getting peanut butter on your fingers.

I don't like how peanut butter jars seem to be getting bigger but knives aren't getting any longer. There's just no way to dig it up from the bottom without getting peanut butter on your fingers.
They are designed for dog's tongues. At least that works for us. Once you can reach in there anymore, give it to dogs. Their tongue have an ability to extend and reach that last bit, and can sit still for hours licking that jar.....

I have had about enough of political whining from all camps. I did not vote for either of the presidential candidates, neither earned my vote in my OPINION. Yet I hear crap from both sides as they try to sway me to their side. How dare I not vote. I submit that not voting for either is a vote, of disdain.

THE ELECTION IS OVER!!! Pull up your big boy pants and deal with the duly deflected officials that have been voted into office. Don't like them, vote them out next time around. Until then either shut the hell up or actually do something to make the country better. Hint, bitching about the left or right does not do anything to make anything better.

Said by the man who has a welder

When I update Java on my Mac, I have to UNCHECK a box that wants to set Yahoo to my default search engine. Small, but still ticks me off.

i took my 450 to a local car wash place a couple years ago, and they neglected to lower my power antenna mast, and of course it broke. Manager agreed they were at fault, and ordered an OEM replacement mast. I had to show them how to install it, but it resolved the problem. They also gave me a free deluxe wash in addition to the free wash when they broke it. I got my moneys worth out of that free wash, because i waited until after we returned from a beach trip to get that done ;)

Be nice, and they may surprise you.

Its oppressive huh? Just wait ;)

I can barely use this site on my iPhone anymore bc of this pop up that won't go away. I have to exit out of the browser and try again. Happens 8/10 times today.

IMG_1353.PNG

I can barely use this site on my iPhone anymore bc of this pop up that won't go away. I have to exit out of the browser and try again. Happens 8/10 times today.

View attachment 1405884

Do you get that while trying to surf mud? You should sign up for a silver star, and lots of nefarious annoyances disappear. Its a bargain at twice the price....

i'll just sit down here in the corner and wait for @woody to give me my sales commission...

Tough day here.
Came in at 9, meeting till ten, had to walk 100 yards to the shop, go to another meeting at 11, was served lunch, that lasted till 2:30, then came back to the office and had to hurry and catch up on ONSC forum before leaving at 4 to drive home.
I hope tomorrow is better.
Mondays are bad.

Do you get that while trying to surf mud? You should sign up for a silver star, and lots of nefarious annoyances disappear. Its a bargain at twice the price....

i'll just sit down here in the corner and wait for @woody to give me my sales commission...

Yeah, this doesn't have anything to do with the subscriptions, although I should do that. This is scripts etc online and weird internet phishing screens. If I turn off Java on my phone it is better but then you lose some features of normal browsing

Getting your drone outside for the very first time to take some areal pics and fly that s*** right in the top of a tree.

Or better yet getting excited when someone gives you a gas powered rc car it takes 5 min to get started and 1 min to break.

Getting pissed when I go to get out my sweet TJM recovery kit that everyone else has the exact same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom