Torsion Level Suspension History - Torsion Bar Advantage - The New 1954 Packard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, seems like some rigs have just lost that cloudy comfy feel. I have replaced a lot of suspension parts but nothing really helps. I think a lot of it is just s*** in the cab rattling around, dash , door panels, headliner, etc.
I have that cloudy feel with my AHC equipped rig, about 75% of the time. New control arms, new globes. And I can glide over some big potholes here in Philly.

But tiny cracks in the road, it'll rattle pretty hard almost randomly? Tires are stock spec.

AHC reacts to larger impacts and does not seem to be affected by road cracks and wrinkles. Larger tires help with those as the tire is more likely to roll over them.
I replaced every single bushing on my car - diff, engine, body, etc and can't say I notice noticeably comfier ride. Stiffer maybe.

Last edited:
I have that cloudy feel with my AHC equipped rig, about 75% of the time. New control arms, new globes. And I can glide over some big potholes here in Philly.

But tiny cracks in the road, it'll rattle pretty hard almost randomly? Tires are stock spec.
Shoot, I suspect AHC helps a lot.

AHC reacts to larger impacts and does not seem to be affected by road cracks and wrinkles. Larger tires help with this as the tire is more likely to roll over them.
I replaced every single bushing on my car - diff, engine, body, etc and can't say I notice noticeably comfier ride. Stiffer maybe.

I like using your build as a reason to not throw more parts at my rig. I can appreciate a fully restored vehicle but I found myself throwing a lot of parts at my truck to eliminate the clunk or to get it to ride nicer. None of that made a difference, time to just ride out and enjoy our rough riding vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom