Torsion Bar Bracket upside down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently asked around about a recommended 4x4 shop that was well versed in land cruisers. The one I was referred to by 2 members of a local LC group was not aware that there was some change in staff. So I had them install a 1.5” OME kit on my 05 100 series. I could make this a long story but I wont. I need to know if I can jack the wheel up off the ground under the lower control arm, unbolt the bracket and turn the key a half turn and but the bolts back in. Will the resting torque on the bar be released without undoing the other end of it? See pics below. Drivers side as it should be and passenger side as is upside down. I’m sure I could entertain many questions about this whole situation but for now I need to fix this myself. Thanks guys.

BFE99C1F-C71B-48B8-A65A-E88F88F1C0DB.jpeg

AA7BB43C-B274-4175-8C87-22F7D35DF048.jpeg

Unfortunately not. You will need to release the tension from the torsion bar by loosening the cam bolt at the other end of it. Once that is done you can slide the front mounting bracket onto the bar past the splines and rotate it around. There is a torsion bar thread in the FAQ that will give you details of the steps in dealing with this.

Edit: this one: For those with Torsion Bar Questions

I plan to have new lower control arms replaced at a toyota service department next week. I think it can be corrected in the process instead.

Out of curiosity, how does it drive with the TB bracket like that? Any weird feelings or noises?

I recently asked around about a recommended 4x4 shop that was well versed in land cruisers. The one I was referred to by 2 members of a local LC group was not aware that there was some change in staff. So I had them install a 1.5” OME kit on my 05 100 series. I could make this a long story but I wont. I need to know if I can jack the wheel up off the ground under the lower control arm, unbolt the bracket and turn the key a half turn and but the bolts back in. Will the resting torque on the bar be released without undoing the other end of it? See pics below. Drivers side as it should be and passenger side as is upside down. I’m sure I could entertain many questions about this whole situation but for now I need to fix this myself. Thanks guys.

View attachment 2995884

View attachment 2995885

Wait. What???
Was it that shop in BR? If so, that shop was just recommended to me yesterday in that same group and I want to avoid if they can't even install a ****ing bracket correctly.

This is an easy fix, but why in the world are you having to do it? DM me if you want, I'd like to know which shop to avoid though.

Sigh. I’m strong enough to admit I did this two weeks ago, installing new control arms on multiple days of little sleep, working after midnight to get ready for a 5k round trip to Cruise Moab. Passenger side tbar bracket flip. It bothered me for a bit, noticed my error on the morning of my departure after alignment. Screw it, no time for perfection. Rig rode like a magic carpet entire trip.

Didn’t do anything ridiculous in Moab, Fins and Things was the highest level I felt comfortable with. Wouldn’t know the difference with the T bar flip. Will get it rotated back next weekend, just so my belly plate will bolt proper. 383k and counting, looking forward to Moab again. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom