Torque specs for glow plugs 3B/Questions about injector replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the torque value? It is not in my FSM in either the starting section or the tables at the end. When I removed them they were easy to pull so the value is not high.

Also, I am assuming the specs for the union nuts on BOTH ends of the fuel lines from the pump to the injectors are the same? The FSM is not as clear here as it could be. EDIT: Hey wait a minute, how the heck do I measure torque on a nut that has a pipe coming out the top?

When I pulled the injectors I used a 27mm deep socket, which I was planning to use for replacement. BUT, the injectors were weird. Two of them seemed to increase in resistance as I unscrewed them during removal. Am I using the wrong tool? The shop that rebuilt the injectors also removed my tags for which injector came out of which cylinder so now they are not in order as the FSM specifies. Problem?

Thanks for looking. All this is new to me. Every time I get into this kind of mechanical procedure I worry that I am overlooking something important and will damage my rig.

:beer:

Make sure you are not unscrewing the injectors from the injector holder. I had the same concern when I did mine this winter. If they leak, you can tight them down reasonably tight. Such was the advice from my injector rebuilder. You could have had some crap in the threads. make sure they are clean but don't drop anything into the cylinder.

If they are properly rebuilt, then they should be all the same, in theory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom