Torque Specifications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At 228,000 I'm replacing my radiator, water pump, thermostat, serp belt tensioner, fan pulley bracket, fan clutch, idler bearing, valve cover/plug gaskets, and whole bunch of hoses.

While I'm waiting for a copy of the FSM, I could really use the torque specs for:

Fan belt bracket
Valve covers
idler pulley
Serp belt tensioner

Can someone post those for me please?

CEC9852F-581E-44DE-99DD-29E351B3A222.jpeg

8514F670-2D67-4AF0-B6C0-B0701C27EB71.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know about Supra88, but I could use the rest.

I don't know about Supra88, but I could use the rest.
I could too. Maybe I'm just not savvy enough to figure it out, but is there a way to actually download these? I can get it to my .pdf viewer or browser, but can't save to hard drive. By the way thanks again, off to a decent start this afternoon!

F3EC669C-7375-463F-80BD-BBB7F2698A8A.jpeg

I'd like the rest, and many thanks in advance!!

I could too. Maybe I'm just not savvy enough to figure it out, but is there a way to actually download these? I can get it to my .pdf viewer or browser, but can't save to hard drive.
Not sure of your computer setup. On my mac, it's just wait for the download to finish and then drag it over to my home screen.

hth

this is great! I am going to replace my cracked radiator soon and was wondering what else i should tackle while im in there.

Do you have a list of items worth changing?

Not sure of your computer setup. On my mac, it's just wait for the download to finish and then drag it over to my home screen.

hth
Might be the security on my work computer. I'll try a different one.

this is great! I am going to replace my cracked radiator soon and was wondering what else i should tackle while im in there.

Do you have a list of items worth changing?
How many miles?

I would do a water pump, thermostat, upper/lower rad hoses, serp belt tensioner/serp belt. I'm also replacing the fan bracket, fan clutch and idler, but they had 228,xxx miles on them and still performed fine.

Here are all the 2008 files. I'll upload all the other PDFs into the same link here shortly.

Btw, not trying to take credit for these. The are copied out of @linuxgod's iso.

Last edited:

TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS​

Cylinder Block Drain Cock Plug​

PART TIGHTENEDN*MKGF*CMFT.*LBF
Drain cock plug x Cylinder block water drain cock sub-assembly1313310

Water Pump​

Water pump x Timing chain coverfor bolt A4747935
for bolt B2323517
for bolt C2020415
Water pump pulley x Water pump2121415
Water inlet housing x Timing chain cover2121415
Air tube bracket x Timing chain cover101027
No. 2 water by-pass pipe sub-assembly x Timing chain cover and front water by-pass joint101027

Thermostat​

Water inlet with thermostat x Water inlet housing101027
Air tube bracket x Timing chain cover101027

Radiator​

Radiator x Radiator support1818413
Fan shroud x Radiator8.08271 in.*lbf
Oil cooler tube x Fan shroud5.05144 in.*lbf
Fluid coupling x Fluid coupling bracket2121415
Transmission oil cooler air duct x Oil cooler4.95043 in.*lbf

What's missing here? Fan to fan clutch (Fluid coupling). Anyone know that one?

Also - anybody using thread locker on Fan to Fluid Coupling and/or Coupling to Coupling bracket?

And finally - do you lube the thermostat gasket with anything? Or dry to the metal housing jacket? Any locker on those nuts?

Here are all the 2008 files. I'll upload all the other PDFs into the same link here shortly.

Btw, not trying to take credit for these. The are copied out of @linuxgod's iso.

Thanks for posting man. Exactly what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom