Tornado in Evansville, IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
Mark,
I hope everything is okay for you. Let us know that you're okay!!

Everything OK here at home, but alot of damage to the south. We just had some rain and strong wind here at home( about 30 miles north of the tornado). Richard should be ok in Mt. Vernon as it is west of Evansville and a guy I work with lives there and said he didn't even know it had stormed over nite.

Two people from work were killed in the storm. I didn't personaly know either of them but had been in meetings attended by one of them. It really puts a face to the devistation and makes you realize how lucky we are.

The husband of a lady I work with is a city cop in Evansville and was the second person to arrive at the trailor park, and found many injured people and some not so lucky. The fire depts. from all over the area have had crews all over the area helping with the search for survivors. There is still at least ten to fifteen people unaccounted for.

With it coming at two in the morning many people had no idea of the danger. If the tornado had came through even a few thousand yards to the north it would have been MUCH worse, because the path it covered was on the very southern edge of Evansville, around the trailer park is botom ground that is farm fields yet just to the north is many subdivisions and apartments.

This hitting this close to home again makes me relize how lucky I am and how quickly your whole world can be turned upside down.

MARK

Glad to hear it!

Glad to hear you & Richard are O.K. Mark!

Mother nature can be one mean b!tch :mad: sometimes.

AJ

I'm glad to hear you and Richard (and families) are okay.

The cleanup has began. After all the news of death and destruction it is good to here all the storys of people helping to clean up and rebuild. There has been so many volenteers that some had to be turned away in some areas due to safty.

A story in the Princeton paper today told of a deer hunter finding a picture of a man and his new born child over 40 miles away in the woods and the paper in Evansville publishing it and getting it back to the man who lost his wife in the tornado.

As I said before we lost one person at Toyota but another lost his little girl and is still in serious condition himself.

TMMI donated $200,000 to the relife effort and many groups here are helping to raise more money for the cause.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom