TORNADO Fuel Saver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of installing a TORNADO Fuel Saver on my '97. Any of you guys have any experience with one of these, whether on a Cruiser or any other vehicle?

Unjeep

I wouldn't bother unless you get the magnets for your fuel line too. I won't even mention the increased wear this will cause on your muffler bearing - consider upgrading that too. ::)

:beer:

The mother of all snake oyls........ :rolleyes:

I am close to production on my perpetual motion machine though :flipoff2:

[quote author=unjeep link=board=2;threadid=13925;start=msg129195#msg129195 date=1080618887]
I'm thinking of installing a TORNADO Fuel Saver on my '97. Any of you guys have any experience with one of these, whether on a Cruiser or any other vehicle?

Unjeep

[/quote]

Don't forget the kit they sell to turn your 1FZ into the cleaner burning h20 rig.

Oh heck, I forgot my sure-fire 21.875%-MPG-increase-trick:

It's really cheap and easy, all you need to do is replace the stock 32 tooth speedometer driven gear with one that has 25 teeth..... ;) Works every time. :rolleyes:

Think about it this way....
If it as great and cheap as they say, don't you think the automakers would be installing them as OEM? Or perhaps our govt would mandate them?

BTW, I have a great business plan for you. It involves wiring a little bit of money to Nigeria, but the payoff is huge......

:)

Don't worry unjeep, we are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you :D Just kidding.

Next time a tree hugger gives you grief though, simply state that you get 40 mpg because you have them and would like to know if he has them or not ;)

Billions spent every year on engine and fuel consumption research when all they really had to do was turn on the TV at 3 AM and watch infomercials. No wonder cars are so expensive. ;)

Since put the magnets on my fuel line late last year, I haven't bought any gas at all. In fact, I siphon about half a tank every night into my wife's car and the magnets fill mine up again by breakfast.

LT
8)

[quote author=lizardking100 link=board=2;threadid=13925;start=msg129260#msg129260 date=1080624154]

Anyway, in talking with these folks I've learned a lot about emissions. Most of the GD eco-nuts have no idea what they're talking about. My 92 accord is 6 times dirtier (HC, CO, Nox) than a 100 series LC. The H2 is equal to a 97 camry. Almost every SUV made today is cleaner than any car made 6 yrs ago. So if you're getting dirtly looks from enviro-freaks while driving you're 100 just give them the :flipoff2: But don't even try to tell them that their VW rabbit, or 85 volvo is far worse for the environment than you're guzzling SUV. They won't listen. Not because it isn't true, but because the anti-SUV movement is about class warfare/envy and the environmental stuff is just the cover. Hypocrites. :flipoff2:
[/quote]

It is funny that you bring this up. I happened to go to law school in Oregon where you were either a redneck or a hippie (guess which I am!!!). I had a buddy who had a PhD in Ecology and was a tenured professor before going back to law school. After we graduated he bought a new Porsche Boxter S, and would drive it Enviromental Conferences. He was telling me he had many conversations that went like this:

Tree Hugging Hippy: Dude, nice waste of our resources!!!

My Buddy: What do you mean?

Hippy: That car only seat two and uses a bunch of gas and polutes.

My Buddy: It's kind of funny you would say that considering I passed your piece of s*** bus on the way here and it was pouring out smoke while doing 25 mph climbing the hill on the freeway. Maybe instead of being here you should get a job and a newer car that doesn't polute so much.

Hippy: Nothing.

My buddy tends to piss off the Enviromentalists because he will tell them how stupid their ideas are and how they don't work. He makes sure to be clear he is an Ecologist not an Enviromentalist. Of course his solution to polution is that we should only allow one child per family, once we get back to a few million people in the US, they can do whatever they please and not hurt he enviroment.

OK. The teasing is well taken. But do any of you guys have any factual knowledge on this thing. Although I agree with your environmental sarcasm, I really don't care what anybody thinks about the Tornado. I want to know if anyone has tried it.

I don't think any body on the board has been suckered into buying one.

I knew a guy a few years ago that put one on a Ford Ranger and then wondered why. :rolleyes:

unheep, You are the test victom. Let us know how it works. Make sure they have a $ back deal so you can getyour $ back.

UJ if it makes you feel better about not wasting your money on the tornado the 80 air box already has a swirl generator, it would be redundant or worse yet if they are in different directions they would fight each other. the air enters the air box at a steep angle, Mr T. did not do it for "more power" or "better fuel efficiency" (the two do not go together by the way) but as a centrifugal precleaner the heavy stuff slings to the outside and hits the catch pan hole instead of clogging the filter

another thing the main gimmick they show over and over is the two 2L bottles draining the one that is swirling drains much faster, what they don't want you to think about is in that case there are 2 fluids in action, water going out and air coming in, the one that is swirling gives a tunnel up the middle for air to get in, poke a hole in the top of those bottles and then see witch empties first, it will the the non swirler

Thanks RavenTai, 'nough said. I am pleasantly surprised, though I shouldn't be, that my Cruiser already has a "swirl generator." Chalk up another one for Land Cruisers!

Thanks.

glad to hear :cheers:

Muffler Bearing parts source found

I wouldn't bother unless you get the magnets for your fuel line too. I won't even mention the increased wear this will cause on your muffler bearing - consider upgrading that too. ::)

:beer:

It took me a while to find a good thread to attach this to. I decided that this one would work due to related content.

After years of searching aftermarket parts suppliers I have finally located a source for the unobtainable replacement muffler bearing.
Muffler Bearing - $49.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Be sure to check out their other stuff like the cross drilled brake lines and exhaust O pipe.

Finally, a parts supplier that the staff of the Onion would be proud of.

I have finally located a source for the unobtainable replacement muffler bearing.

I looked everywhere (and I am pretty good with SEARCHING) but could not find the installation instructions. Can you post a link please?

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom