Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HObby or as a profession? Most local "shops" have no idea about a landcruiser. What's wrong with it and how can we help?

Welcome to the group. what are the issues your having trouble with? as Erik asked do you want a shop or some of us work on the side.

Rob

Hey guys my name is Ryan, I just moved to KS a few weeks ago after spending the last couple years in Germany. I brought an 80 back with me, due to overseas shipping prices I wanted to wait until I got it back here to start working on it. I build hotrods/ratrods and whatever else I find cool for fun, and I've had several Heeps until I found this 80.

Details on the 80:
1994 with 213k miles
Factory E lockers (they work when they want to - I need to take them apart and clean them)
It's 100% stock and everything works
Wingless
Rackless *sigh*

I also have a chopped/channeled 31 Model A with a 65 327 and TH350 & a 91 Calypso Green Mustang with a B&G single turbo.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys that are semi close to Fort Riley.

Love to see some pics of all your toys! You are really close to Tuttle, perfect place to go play!

029zx.jpg

38735_1548684161332_1361930883_1475259_4072777_n.jpg

183179_1899239845005_1361930883_2195038_6410749_n.jpg

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHhh Nice.

Hey everybody, im Scott and i live in Lawrence, ks with my dog Max. I would love to join your group(become a member). Im glad i found this thread. I just sold my car and with the funds I will be able to get my '84 fj60 running again. I looked at the thread for mechanics and didnt see one for kansas or missouri. If anybody has a reccomendation for a mechanic in the area I would appreciate it.
IMG_0422.jpg

Welcome to the group, send me a pm with your email and I will send you the membership form. As for a mechanic what are you needing done?

Hello all. I am new here and new to forums. I have been lurking for awhile, and like others have said many times, I am amazed at the wealth of information available here.Great site!
As of this week, I am now the owner of a 1978 fj40 ! This {tractor} was kind of an ordeal to get home from oklahoma; and the po I feel was a bit of a liar, but now it sits {and leaks} in my driveway instead of his! Hooray!
I feel like I could make a funny thread illustrating the differences between what the sellers ad and emails said and what really is the case; but have decided to just get to work on my new baby already.
Yesterday I figured out how to pull out the gas tank {which leaks} and did so. The day before that I jacked with the headlights for a LONG time

Anyways, theres tons more to do, and I'll be ordering the fsm's on monday.
regards, jason ************

Welcome Jason. I think most PO's see their rigs in a completely different light than we would.

Greetings

Hey, all -

I've been on the forum for quite a while learning and searching for an 80. Now that I finally bought one (MoJ's '94), I thought I'd introduce myself.:D

My name is Matt and I live in Kansas City (just west of Liberty), MO, with my wife and four month old daughter. Having a car collector for a father, I've been fortunate enough to experience just about everything on two and four wheels. I've spent a lot of time in 40, 60 and 80 series cruisers, as well as vintage Land Rovers and Range Rovers. I even drove a Unigmog while on my learners permit. :grinpimp: However, I've always had "a thing" for 80's, and my last 80 was a '95 I sold about six years ago.

After searching for almost a year, MoJ's '94 popped up. I grabbed it last week and am already gitty. Since it will be my daily driver, I'm on the lookout for a good deal on 295/75/16 ATs to replace the 315/75 Toyo MTs. I'm also pursuing flair repair, as well as a few bruises and rust spots at a local body shop. Finally (for now), I'm looking to secure a few clean rear bumper caps, or a good deal on an aftermarket rear bumper.

Let me just say that it feels awesome being back in a cruiser! I look forward to chatting with everyone and contributing to the community where I can.

Below are a few pics - I understand some of you are familiar with this 80!

Cheers,
Matt

Cruiser 1.jpg

Cruiser 2.jpg
Cruiser 1.jpg
Cruiser 2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Matt look foward to seeing you at an event, the Fall Crawl is coming up hope you can make it. If you would like to join TAC please send me a pm with your email and I will send the form.

Thanks, Zane. It's cool to hear everyone say what a good cruiser it is. Not that I didn't trust Jason or see for myself upon inspection.

By the way, I sent you a PM regarding rear aftermarket bumpers.

Best,
Matt

Deja Vu Rust Bucket

NUTS

In 1977 I bought a '71 40 that was parked behind a KC repair shop at 80th and Troost filled with horse manure. I moving to Aspen and needed 4 wheel drive. Those weekends in rockies still fill my memories.

One bucket list item these days was to ride those old trails again even for just one ride. Understandably, those Colorado trails have likely changed considerably over the years with so many in the quest for such beauty.

This year I popped for a poor-boy barn find, because my 2002 4runner daily driver is above being trashed and abused getting to those far remote areas that raise your scalp.

I may not live to see this Feb 1969 FJ40 make it up to Colorado, to Eagle or up the Frying Pan river, buy I'll have gained some passion for the attempt.

Hoping I can rely on some local KC support and help as I meander thru this almost impossible project.

South Kansas City
Steve's_Landcruiser.jpg
P1100015.JPG
DriveColorado78.jpg

Welcome and holler when your ready to "build" it
Some of us have a bit of excess spares sitting around that need new homes.

Congrats on your start to this addiction. There are some great folks here in KC, so start a thread, and you will be amazed with the motivation and help these folks will give you.

Cheers, and enjoy the journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom