Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought it was time to post here......

Long time cruiser guy but sold my built 100 series a couple of years ago (stupid move) and have been on the hunt for a replacement for a while. Found a '06 and just had it shipped to KC (Lenexa). Very well built. I need to do a complete fluid baseline, take care of some rust issues, and get it ready for a Colorado trip the end of August.

Welcome from another 100 series owner. Are you new to the area?

We have been in the KC area going on 5 years. Lived in Asheville, NC and Grand Junction, CO prior.

Forgot to ask. Is there a local guy that is the recommended source for parts? I want to go ahead and change out the heater t's and hoses as a PM.

If you join the club, tornado alley cruisers, we get a discount at both Molle Toyota at 103rd and state line and also Olathe Toyota. Worth every penny of the $10 annual dues.

Howdy, all,
Jarrod here. I just got in from Barstow, CA. In tow, I brought my wife and two sons, Teddy (4) and Rooster (2). I also in tow (literally), our '69 land cruiser. We were stationed up in the high Mojave desert and couldn't resist the trails and open-air four wheeling so we bought a land cruiser couple of years back now. My boys call it the "little blue truck." I'm army so we're stationed here at Fort Leavenworth until they tell us to go elsewhere, likely 1-2 yrs from now. Our FJ40 is pretty stock. We did have the engine rebuilt and converted to EFI so it's a daily driver. I'm grateful to admit, it's still quite capable even for a stock set-up. I'm looking to build it up into more of a capable overlander but due to budgetary constraints (wife imposed), this finished product likely won't see complete fruition until the who knows when.
We're looking forward to attending some of the drives or meets and hopefully getting to know some of you in the community a little better in the future.
until then

UjenOffRoad-Dec16-016 (2).jpeg

Howdy, all,
Jarrod here. I just got in from Barstow, CA. In tow, I brought my wife and two sons, Teddy (4) and Rooster (2). I also in tow (literally), our '69 land cruiser. We were stationed up in the high Mojave desert and couldn't resist the trails and open-air four wheeling so we bought a land cruiser couple of years back now. My boys call it the "little blue truck." I'm army so we're stationed here at Fort Leavenworth until they tell us to go elsewhere, likely 1-2 yrs from now. Our FJ40 is pretty stock. We did have the engine rebuilt and converted to EFI so it's a daily driver. I'm grateful to admit, it's still quite capable even for a stock set-up. I'm looking to build it up into more of a capable overlander but due to budgetary constraints (wife imposed), this finished product likely won't see complete fruition until the who knows when.
We're looking forward to attending some of the drives or meets and hopefully getting to know some of you in the community a little better in the future.
until then

View attachment 1772685
Sweet rig. Like the color.

Welcome Jarrod. Looking forward to meeting you and your family. And thank you for your service.

Howdy, all,
Jarrod here. I just got in from Barstow, CA.

Welcome Jarrod. Look forward to meeting you as well. We have a lot of members with young families and there is a wealth of knowledge on FJ40 tech locally. Currently we don't do a whole lot of meetings but we are trying to get things setup to meet once a month if there isn't a wheeling trip already planned.

Welcome Jarrod! Assuming you are stationed there for Command General Staff College, so congrats and welcome! I'm in Overland Park with 3 boys (ages 4, 2, and newborn). If time allows, come joins us Sept 7-9th at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR) in Seymour, MO, or Tuttle Creek in Manhattan, KS Oct. 26th-28th. We'll have rigs at all levels, but as a club (and family) are really about getting out with our families more than anything. Look forward to meeting you!

Mike

Welcome Jarrod! Assuming you are stationed there for Command General Staff College, so congrats and welcome! I'm in Overland Park with 3 boys (ages 4, 2, and newborn). If time allows, come joins us Sept 7-9th at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR) in Seymour, MO, or Tuttle Creek in Manhattan, KS Oct. 26th-28th. We'll have rigs at all levels, but as a club (and family) are really about getting out with our families more than anything. Look forward to meeting you!

Mike
You would assume correct, sir. I am eager to make at least one of these events. I think I'm overcommitted during the SMORR but will keep my fingers crossed for Tuttle Creek.. thanks again! The family appeal is a big sell to the wifey as well, thanks

You would assume correct, sir. I am eager to make at least one of these events. I think I'm overcommitted during the SMORR but will keep my fingers crossed for Tuttle Creek.. thanks again! The family appeal is a big sell to the wifey as well, thanks

That color looks familiar
96A7E968-9353-43EF-8869-64DBE1E60AB7.jpeg

hello all, my name is troy i'm in need of some help a few weeks ago i sent my app in to join TAC. i haven't heard back from anyone i went to the web site and tried to use the links to the officers mud page none of them worked. then i tried to send a PM to TwoOldCrows and it said no such person could somebody help me or give me a link to the person i need to talk to thank you

Welcome @troy scott, Our TAC membership coordinator and Treasurer @Two Old Crows has been out of town for a couple weeks on an Alaskan cruise and I'm sure she'll get you taken care of asap. For PM'ing her the Mud website is pretty particular about spaces and such. As you type, once you get three letters of a members name it will generate a dropdown list of members to pick from.

Welcome @troy scott, Our TAC membership coordinator and Treasurer @Two Old Crows has been out of town for a couple weeks on an Alaskan cruise and I'm sure she'll get you taken care of asap. For PM'ing her the Mud website is pretty particular about spaces and such. As you type, once you get three letters of a members name it will generate a dropdown list of members to pick from.

Thank you I didn't mean to be impatient. just didn't know if i didn't get where i sent it. an Alaskan cruise would hit the spot right now that's for sure!

hello all, my name is troy i'm in need of some help a few weeks ago i sent my app in to join TAC. i haven't heard back from anyone i went to the web site and tried to use the links to the officers mud page none of them worked. then i tried to send a PM to TwoOldCrows and it said no such person could somebody help me or give me a link to the person i need to talk to thank you
Troy I talked to Peggy and she got it and you are now a member.

@troy scott welcome to TAC. Looking forward to meeting you.

Welcome @troy scott !

Go Tornadoes!!! (As in go away!?!?!?)

Was not aware there was an active Mud Chapter here in the Kansas City. Interested in joining the local Club if someone can point me in the right direction. Currently have a '83 FJ60 (137k miles) and recently picked up a stock '97 LX450 (122k miles) out of San Diego. Let me know if you guys meet on a regular basis. Here are pics of the rigs. The LX pic is from last week up in Northern Minnesota grouse hunting.
FJ60.jpg
FJ80.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom