Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live in Blue Springs. From some of the items in the forums it looks like I can buy a bracket to attach calipers, or replace everything down to the spindle. The 72 has sentimental value to I am going to keep it, but the 68 is a bonus vehicle that is not in as good of shape as the 72. The PO has actually added disk brakes to the 68, and I don't see a bracket so I am assuming full hub replacement? I was thinking about using the 68 as a partial parts vehicle, then selling anything else, or just sell the 68 and purchase what is needed?

There are almost too many options, like paint colors at Sherwin Williams...I just wanted white.....
you sir. are in luck. you just might not know that yet.. I will PM you with my cell #. Perhaps you might be interested in an educational opportunity on what you have, how to get where you want to be with this truck or any in the future. I have been known to tinker on a LandCruiser or two in my time. My initial consultant fee is a few beers. I do prefer that clients share in the consultant fee. I am also in Blue Springs on the North Side. I have been known to pay the initial consultant fee out of my fridge in the garage but do ask that withdraws be supplemented with proper deposits back into the fridge.
I most likely will be doing yard work Saturday and possibly some Sunday so I should be mostly free.
I won't have a ton of time to dedicate but I am sure i can spare enough time to go thru a few beers.
Is your Mother given name "Birk".. Mine is Erik. and I am a Cruiser Addict and i have lots of problems that many in this forum would be happy to point out.. (thought i should just toss that in there)
you sir. are in luck. you just might not know that yet.. I will PM you with my cell #. Perhaps you might be interested in an educational opportunity on what you have, how to get where you want to be with this truck or any in the future. I have been known to tinker on a LandCruiser or two in my time. My initial consultant fee is a few beers. I do prefer that clients share in the consultant fee. I am also in Blue Springs on the North Side. I have been known to pay the initial consultant fee out of my fridge in the garage but do ask that withdraws be supplemented with proper deposits back into the fridge.
I most likely will be doing yard work Saturday and possibly some Sunday so I should be mostly free.
I won't have a ton of time to dedicate but I am sure i can spare enough time to go thru a few beers.
Is your Mother given name "Birk".. Mine is Erik. and I am a Cruiser Addict and i have lots of problems that many in this forum would be happy to point out.. (thought i should just toss that in there)
You sir are in luck as well. I am very capable of supplying your consultant fee (please provide make and model of preferred beverage choice). I do appreciate any help I can get, as I am new, but eager, to keep this project going. I will respond further in the PM.

This "luck" you speak of..... reminds me of 10 years ago when I met up with Erik....

My advice is to take your wallet out of your pocket, give it a kiss, and throw it into a bonfire. A little faster and much less painful this way.

Cheers, and welcome to the addiction.

Same questions and same answers. Question 1. What do you want to do with the truck. Question 2. Are your kids going to be in it. So Birk will be getting upgraded disk brakes. Kelly, ETA of needing brake tool back is one month.

Copy that, Ghostrider.

Rob and Sam sent me this way.
2016 taco stock suspension, got some sliders and skinny 33"s on it.
Wheeled for the first time a month after buying the truck new in late 2016. before that had just been ATVs. Was hooked right away. Here for the info and ideas I was told about and any events y'all might have.

Rob and Sam sent me this way.
2016 taco stock suspension, got some sliders and skinny 33"s on it.
Wheeled for the first time a month after buying the truck new in late 2016. before that had just been ATVs. Was hooked right away. Here for the info and ideas I was told about and any events y'all might have.
Welcome.....more trips are currently in planing stages....

Welcome.....more trips are currently in planing stages....
I signed up for the Appalachian Round Up last night. Going to SMORR memorial day weekend with a group out of Pekin, IL. More than welcome to make an event out of it yourselves too. They're just a small group of guys that work at the dealer up there.

hey guys and girls ,
Ray Martin here , i just landed in in OP Kansas from brooklyn , ny . i left the city life to come get married and have a family . i have a 96 LX450 that is an ongoing project and cant wait to meet up with locals to talk shop or not ..

hey guys and girls ,
Ray Martin here , i just landed in in OP Kansas from brooklyn , ny . i left the city life to come get married and have a family . i have a 96 LX450 that is an ongoing project and cant wait to meet up with locals to talk shop or not ..
Welcome! You’ll have plenty of support for your LX plans.

Whose LX450 is at KC Trends today? I work right next door but didn't drive the 80 today.

hey guys and girls ,
Welcome! I live right around 103rd and Antioch.

Just wanted to start a thread on introductions for our members and those that hang out here.. Post a quick bio about yourself so we can know more about each other and grow as a club. Maybe get all our names correct when we meet in person etc! We're pretty spread out so it's kinda hard for all of us to get together at once thus the thread..

This will be a sticky in our club section. Use it for bio's and family updates including trucks etc so we will know who's who and who's driving what when we hook up in person. Thanks for posting and have fun!
Erik..

Hi
Jerry here. 04 TacomaTRD. Bilstein 5100s, Duratracs 285, ARB front bumper Shrockworks rear bumper, All Pro sliders, full set Skid Row skids. Been wheelin for about a year at K Rocks. Have met a lot of Jeep peeps, who are great, but most of the time am the lone Yota. Would love to meet and wheel with more Yota folks. Look forward to meeting and wheeling with you.

Hi
Jerry here. 04 TacomaTRD. Bilstein 5100s, Duratracs 285, ARB front bumper Shrockworks rear bumper, All Pro sliders, full set Skid Row skids. Been wheelin for about a year at K Rocks. Have met a lot of Jeep peeps, who are great, but most of the time am the lone Yota. Would love to meet and wheel with more Yota folks. Look forward to meeting and wheeling with you.
Hey Jerry! Mike here. Ive seen you over on the Midwest Krawlers Facebook page I think. Looking forward to wheeling with you!

Hey Jerry! Mike here. Ive seen you over on the Midwest Krawlers Facebook page I think. Looking forward to wheeling with you!
Yep
Hi Mike,
Yep I’m a MWK too. Haven’t been out with them for a while but will be out soon. Look forward to seeing you on the trails!

Hey, new to the forum. My name’s Paige Hinshaw. I’m a 28 years old tattooer with a degree in printmaking. Born and raised in Missouri and went to school out east. I have three beautiful greyhounds, Pirate, Nevah, and Finn.

Currently drive a very clean 95 22re, but with three dogs I think it’s time to look for a 4Runner or Landcruiser.

EC90EFAF-436E-42CA-8FAC-15509F431EAA.jpeg

AAD0B304-619E-4311-9073-11186B4BB941.jpeg

Hey, new to the forum. My name’s Paige Hinshaw. I’m a 28 years old tattooer with a degree in printmaking. Born and raised in Missouri and went to school out east. I have three beautiful greyhounds, Pirate, Nevah, and Finn.

Currently drive a very clean 95 22re, but with three dogs I think it’s time to look for a 4Runner or Landcruiser.

View attachment 1730807

View attachment 1730808
Love that style. First vehicle was a 91 extra cab like that and always miss the first, but daily a 96 landcruiser now 15 years later with a family and dog. 3rd gen 4Runner is a heck of a value for all around use. 4th gen prices coming down with lots of nice additions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom