Top speed 1fz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have done a search with no luck, just wondering what the top speed is for the 4.5 1fz had mine touching 120mph today on a flat section of motorway/freeway
it may have gone a bit faster but needed to exit, just wondered what the norm is?

I'm sure LX_TREME can chime in with a decent top speed number.
I had mine mine up to 95 with my current configuration and just above 105 mph when it was stock.

I touched 120mph in my '93 80 on the 74 in IL.

You guys are nuts. :flipoff2:

I've had mine to 80mph so far and that was fast enough. If I want to go deep triple digits I'll stick with the Supra. ;p

I had mine redlined at 130 on I-94 in Milwaukee during a snow storm.... Oh wait, that was my CRX..... Anyway, I passed a cop! Not funny or fun but I figured why stop now, so I acted like I didn't see him and kept going.. He never did catch up.. Poor RWD Caprice sure tried I bet... Lucky day for me I think...

Wow. I think the fastest i went was 90mph. Im with sonoranfun im chicken scared to go that fast maybe when i was younger and fearless. Impressed though of you guys hitting 125 to 130. insane!

Slow Pokes, All Of Ya! :D :flipoff2: :D

That's all I'm sayin and I'm stickin to it!!! :grinpimp:

I can see that turbo. Pegged gauge. Nice!

MLX450 said:
I can see that turbo. Pegged gauge. Nice!

And still pullin...

Oops, was that out loud???? Mwahahahaha!!!! ;p

(Ohh, for the record, that specific avatar is stolen from safari, my personal similar pic was too shaky to post; one eye on the road and one on the digicam's 2.5" LCD viewfinder was hard to handle! :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2: )

I"ve hit 100 in my 91' and had to slow down when radar went off. Even though my speedo only goes 110 I bet the old girl could do a bit better.

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_0950/printArticle.html This is still the Inline 6

Personally I"ve never tried a top speed run in my FZJ80. I know my dad's LX hits 110 mph by the time I hit the next mailbox down the road. It could have gone faster but what was the point? There was no point to that speed. I had a LS 400 up to 120 on a recent test drive and it still had a lot more but at 45 mph over the speed limit I was already pushing my luck. It actually had me thinking about buying another 80 after that test drive. Buying gas is cheaper than insurance and speeding tickets. At 82 mph in the 80 with the cruise set on the interstate I never have a chance of getting a ticket at our 75 mph speed limits and that is plenty fast.

The top speed of my 91 was 92 mph downhill.

Funny Bunnies

All ya'll speeders are going to go straight to hell! Repent now of your evil ways before it's too late! Doobie doobie doo . . .

NorCalDoug said:
I'm sure LX_TREME can chime in with a decent top speed number.
Apology for my late reply, but Mr President with all due respect but shouldnt we
consider and calculate more of: High Winds=Speed=AeroDynamics=Suspension geometry=Hi Perf Tires(Which you may want go less air and more metal) VS 2.5,3,5,6...etc lift up=Winds=No Aero=34,38,40 big ass tires=More drag on the trannys :frown: i think all those fine TUNED not made and appropriate for Top Speed and please ABORT the mission right away :doh: :flipoff2:

LX_TREME said:
Apology for my late reply, but Mr President with all due respect but shouldnt we
consider and calculate more of: High Winds=Speed=AeroDynamics=Suspension geometry=Hi Perf Tires(Which you may want go less air and more metal) VS 2.5,3,5,6...etc lift up=Winds=No Aero=34,38,40 big ass tires=More drag on the trannys :frown: i think all those fine TUNED not made and appropriate for Top Speed and please ABORT the mission right away :doh: :flipoff2:
uhhh....yeah...right.

enough of the BS. What's your top speed? :flipoff2:

still in the new posts and just a little down the page

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=52481

you guys are great. everytime a top speed post comes out there is a mpg one not far away.........

sorry just had to suck the life out of the thread.........I'll be gone now.

NorCalDoug said:
uhhh....yeah...right.

enough of the BS. What's your top speed? :flipoff2:

YEa, wonderin' myself over here on the east side......bro

I've hit 90mph in the 80, on a closed course ;) , didn't want to go any faster. but don't get me started on rice rockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom