Top mount windshield wiper motor(s) replacements?

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
I seem to recall that there had been a thread or 2 regarding replacing the OEM top mount windshield wiper motor assembly with some newer mechanism(s). I've searched but have come up empty. Anyone else recall this?

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
This thread ended without a final resolution.

Downey

SILVER Star
1,000 years ago I installed the newer 1970's single motor wiper system onto an older FJ45 windshield frame, I had to have a shorter cable made/modified between motor and it's remote transmission on the other side, and I had to modify the newer wiper arms & blades for the slimmer windshield. Advantage; both wiper arms move and park in harmony.

tornadoalleycruiser

Erik TLCA #5303
SILVER Star
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
mark, you wait another approx 30 days and i should be able to tell you how they work.. I can tell you they mount upside down compared to some oem motors and right side up compared to others. they have a negative switch instead of a hot switch. they do fit the exact holes and match the oem rubber seals. i ordered 2 from Fleabay with 110deg sweep.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
mark, you wait another approx 30 days and i should be able to tell you how they work.. I can tell you they mount upside down compared to some oem motors and right side up compared to others. they have a negative switch instead of a hot switch. they do fit the exact holes and match the oem rubber seals. i ordered 2 from Fleabay with 110deg sweep.
Which ones? And yes I can wait!

tornadoalleycruiser

Erik TLCA #5303
SILVER Star
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
i ordered these 110deg sweep. I tested the new toyota oem ones and they seemed to be approx 110 deg sweep.
i did end up ordering new arms and blades for one set from speedway. 10" arms and blades, straight.
I will probably paint the cover pewter. I have NOT wired up the generic ones yet. it took me long enough to wire up the factory ones thru the windshield frame.

Tank5

SILVER Star
1,000 years ago I installed the newer 1970's single motor wiper system onto an older FJ45 windshield frame, I had to have a shorter cable made/modified between motor and it's remote transmission on the other side, and I had to modify the newer wiper arms & blades for the slimmer windshield. Advantage; both wiper arms move and park in harmony.
Did you have to alter the roof levers and hooks to fit that style motor, if it was a removable top version? Any pictures?

brooklyn

SILVER Star
Used as later motor set up and ditched the two motor set up - if your looking for another approach

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I don’t recall any mods needed to the windshield frame, I just put the newer motor into the original holes(after modifying the cable to the required length)
I do. I ended up with the latches, complete with rattle can paint, after you realized you couldn’t use them.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom