Top Hoisting Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was just wondering what people where using to remove their hardtops, other than a couple of buddies and some beers? I have done the buddies and beers thing but now that I have a dedicated section in my garage for my cruiser, and with summer coming up, I want a way that I can remove and store my top solo. I have looked at the hoist a tops that a lot of the jeep owners use but I feel they are a bit pricey for what they are. So Im looking for recommendations or if anyone has built one. I thought about mounting a track to the roof in my garage with a come-along or electric winch so I could lift the top and then slide it forward on the track.

Thanks For Any Thoughts!!!

Oh Yeah, Hard Top. Prolly didn't need to be said but....

I repurposed a hardtop removal hoist from an old MB SL series removal hoist.

It has a hand crank winch on the wall and two pulleys. There is a support bar mounted into the ceiling studs reinforcing that pulley. I had a local shop sew seatbelt fabric purchased on eBay into an "X" and onto 4 clips on each end that line up on each side of the top.

I did have them resew them because I calculated the center of mass line wrong, so the top wanted to tilt. Thats the disadvantage of a single liftpoint. I will look for pics.

I like the post above because it lifts "more" evenly and spreads the load over more support beams in the ceiling.

Make sense?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice pics. That's pretty much what I am looking to do is be able to suspend the top and park the front under it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom