Top heater nipple fj60 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
Trying to figure out how this heater valve/joint gets hooked up (the one on top of the engine)

I have plug off screw for the side of necessary. Which hoses go where?
(Desmogging btw of that changes anything)
Thanks,
Dan

B8837223-E631-485E-A979-5DC644134281.jpeg

Hi all,
Trying to figure out how this heater valve/joint gets hooked up (the one on top of the engine)

Thanks,
Dan

View attachment 3306806

are you installing the OIL COOLER set up ?

desmogging doesn't affect the heater hose routing
hose from firewall valve to vertical pipe in head
vertical pipe in head is missing piece that goes into the nut
the piece in the nut goes to the stub out the firewall down by cylinder 6 exhaust

there should be 2 ports on the vertical piece in the head

Hi all,

Thanks,
Dan

View attachment 3306806
the piece in the nut goes to the stub out the firewall down by cylinder 6 exhaust

i have this part in circle red ink

E64B91EC-6B5C-4979-98AA-F92735BF5ED4 - Copy.jpg

Can I still fill the rig with coolant with this unattached? Like block off that port and heater hose or now, and put the vane on later. We’re trying to get this done today as I’m out of shop time

Hi all,

Thanks,
Dan

View attachment 3306806
with the nipple setup toyota Matt shows you make connections as shown. The lateral port connects to the pipe that runs behind the engine along the firewall from your picture this pipe looks a little corroded. That pipe routes water for the rear heater. If you don't want to use that you can block off the lateral port and not use that pipe. The vertical port gets a long heater hose connected to it that runs behind the air cleaner to the main heater valve.

1682443719588.png

with the nipple setup toyota Matt shows you make connections as shown. The lateral port connects to the pipe that runs behind the engine along the firewall from your picture this pipe looks a little corroded. That pipe routes water for the rear heater. If you don't want to use that you can block off the lateral port and not use that pipe. The vertical port gets a long heater hose connected to it that runs behind the air cleaner to the main heater valve.

View attachment 3307232

I offer usps over night EMS pony express shipping reserved fir special PLC status clients only

You are a PLC

So you qualify ..

Cut off time is very soon !!

View attachment 3307232
Roger that. What do you do with the hose then if you were to block it off?

Dan

D3BEF638-2147-420D-910F-D4F9D14B0AFC.jpeg

Notice the items marked with rear heater and without. I think most US FJ60s came with rear heaters so you may have to find an aftermarket match for the hose marked 87246A

The pipe 87248C is only used for the rear heater. All the parts marked with the star-shaped symbol are only used for the rear heater. If you don’t want the rear heater don’t use them and replace with the ones indicated “w/o rear heater”

Gotcha, but what do you do with the corroded hose? I have a plug for the pipe, but Just leave the corroded hose as is an it’ll run?

Dan
The pipe 87248C is only used for the rear heater. All the parts marked with the star-shaped symbol are only used for the rear heater. If you don’t want the rear heater don’t use them and replace with the ones indicated “w/o rear heater”

-

i personally like OEM parts options :

- we can simply install the hard line ELBOW and plumb the rear heater as intended

or

- we ca install the NEW OEM JAPAN Spec. snappy shut off valve and have the freedom of choice to use or not use the rear heater

- lastly , you can install the TALL TOWER at the bottom , and CAP all the various other NON-mentioned ports if you like too

- so 3 OEM OPTIONS on the table here

- :cool:

.https://vintageteqparts.com/collections/everything-else-hardware-fsms-shop-manuals-special-teq-stuff/products/copy-of-6-non-usa-oem-toyota-cooling-system-union-joint-fitting-cylinder-head-f-1-5-2f-3b-3fe

C9191E8B-DF89-4400-B870-78267B59BC00.jpeg
B3EDE4E2-80F8-4DE9-82FE-6335463B1161.jpeg
2CB5891D-3DEC-44FD-8780-86D31BA0A831.jpeg
60940A5E-FA9E-4E90-8813-94A43A451D38.jpeg

DSCN9782_2048x.png

DSCN9784_2048x.png

2B93B594-9A2C-4F40-8534-A90FDAA79829_2048x.jpg

5634C362-A14F-43D6-9383-6D6088B82B44_2048x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom