tool for putting bearings back on (1 Viewer)

hward1

87 fj60 / 95 fjz80

looking for what tool i need to install the bearing back on the i think output shaft goes between adapter case where transfer case and trans meet up -- also for putting gears back on - i wonder if auto supply stores have them to rent what ever they are - thanks Heath :bounce::bang:

Can you use a large socket to slip over the shaft and knock it down? Hard to know exactly what your working on by your description. MIke

You should be able to use a piece of pipe. Get one that clears the shaft and presses on the inner race. Lightly tap it with a hammer and you should be good to go.

Same for the gears. Think tapping and not pounding.

The special service tools to do this are expensive.

I hope you have a service manual handy, would help with describing what you need

Tony

hward1

87 fj60 / 95 fjz80

thank you i will try it i have a pvc pipe i cut to try to work not a lot of room to tap but will try and see - thanks - the service manual doesnt show this i guess because when take the transfer apart i seperated the adapter case also so now i am dealing with this area -- or was this suppose to happen -- thanks again

PVC won't do it, needs to be metal pipe.

Pictures would be a great help

Are you dealing with a four or 5 speed? And by "adapter" do you mean the spacer between the tranny and tcase? This spacer is held on by the tcase bolts so it probably needs a new gasket and to be resealed at the same time you reinstall the forward half of the tcase.

Tony

hward1

87 fj60 / 95 fjz80

it a 4sp and yes its the spacer between tranny and tcase -- i need to load up some pics - already got new gasket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom